14 November 2007

Good News, Bad News

Last night I pulled out a 2-liter of Sierra Mist Free Cranberry Splash in preparation of fixing myself a nice tall cool glass when "a pint is a pound the world around" popped in my head. I had heard Alton Brown say it a few times on Good Eats. It occurred to me to see if it was true so I put the 2-liter on my scale. It said 4.4 lbs. Now a 2-liter bottle is 64 oz, which is 4 pints, which should be 4 lbs. Ok, I thought and fixed my drink and sat down. Then I got to thinking. Does an empty 2-liter bottle really weigh 0.4 lbs? Hmmm. So I got up and grabbed my 20 lb weight and put it on my scale. In the past, it's always weighed correctly, last night it said 21.6 lbs. Ok. So I grabbed two 15 lb weights and weighed those with the 20 lb one. 51.8 lbs. Not good. So my scale which had been spot-on accurate for over year is not any more. Good news because, hopefully, it means I weigh less than what the scale has been telling me, bad news, now I have to go buy a new scale.

My "H" problem in ongoing and now I am constipated because pooping, quite frankly, is painful. Sigh. Time for stool softeners I think. Ugh.

How ironic that the day after I buy my winter jacket it'll be 72 degrees and partly cloudy.

Support Group is tomorrow! Have I told you how excited I am about it?!? Only like 50 times, right?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Alton Brown, and I love Good Eats. Nice to see a AB mention.

November 15, 2007 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Me too! To be honest, I wasn't a fan at first, some of the stuff he used to say just rubbed me the wrong reason, but I watched his two road-trip series (for the life of me I can't remember the name) and got hooked! I have recorded a couple of his shows for posterity. Because of him, I'm excited about brining the Christmas turkey this year! I have to see what kind of a difference it makes.

November 16, 2007 at 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home