05 November 2007

Where's my hour?!?

So I didn't do the Heart Walk this weekend, I'm glad I didn't. I needed the break and it was total bliss to be able to sleep in a little bit. My bed is so great. So warm and toasty. I have perfected the art of the warm and toasty bed. I am so proud of myself. The day started off well, slept in, had a good breakfast, got a little work out the way, but it didn't end so. My alma mater go their asses kicked big time...sigh. Well, that's an overstatement. They played a close game with a team that in the past they would have creamed. They lost in the last second. Football season is my favorite time of year and as my most favorite team is downright abyssmal, it has affected my zest for the game. Oh well, at least the Cowboys are doing well and made up for it last night! I had a lot of fun watching the game last night while on the phone with my mom. She's a crazy Cowboys fan, in fact, you'll have to blame my football fanaticism on her. I got my yelling at the TV from her.

I haven't stepped on the scale in almost a week (10/31) and I am not the least bit frantic about it. No, really. Seriously, stop laughing. Y'know, I have to say, there is a certain amount of peace in not weighing and NOT worrying about what I weigh. I think I can successfully move on to weighing once a week and be good. I am still eating my protein, but have let the carbs creep up a little bit. Today, I've got them under control. I bought 6 cans of that corn I mentioned earlier and have made my way through 5 of them. That's just me, I find something new that I like and I'm all about it. I won't be buying any more after this last can, man that stuff is good but boy let me tell you, it's like a freakin' natural laxative or something.

Lately I have been trying to figure out why I have such a hard time setting and meeting goals, especially with the DS, I've let the carb monster tempt and seduce me far too much and it's disappointing. I think it's fear based and my strong disinterest to do any kind of clothes shopping is part of that. Yes, I jest about not going shopping, but I really, REALLY, do not want to do it and it's so unlike me and it's bothering me that I don't just go and do it. In reality, I want to go, but it's sooooo overwhelming and seriously, how can there possibly be that many choices in the world? Why aren't sizes consistent? How in God's name am I supposed to know what pants go with what shirt? Why are there 30 million types of bras? In one regard, life was much simpler at 500+ lbs. I had like 7 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. There were only like 5 types of bras to choose from. No stress...no variety either, but certainly no stress. Something to work on, I know.

I've lost 26 lbs in the last two months, yet I feel like I am not making progress. Why is that?

My body hasn't adjusted to Daylight Saving Time just yet. I completely forgot until about mid morning yesterday when I looked at the clock on my computer and thought to myself, "damn, I've gotten a lot done in just under an hour ... wait ... I know I've been up for more than an hour!" and then it dawned on me. Duh! I wasn't able to fully take advantage of my extra hour of sleep time. Oh well.

I am in love! When I was at Kroger the other day, I happened upon Sierra Mist Free Cranberry Splash. Sweet Jesus, this stuff is delicious! At the moment, I can't imagine my life without it (see above reference to something new). It's fruity, refreshing and despite what the link says, reminds me of spring which is apropos because the weather will soon get miserable. I love this stuff, I highly recommend it. It's caffeine, calorie and sugar free! I will try not to drink this constantly, but I make no promises.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, to me you seem SO GOOD when it comes to carbs -- you know? Okay, so I don't see everything that goes in your mouth, but seriously, if there were a single DS blogger I had to name as an example of what to do with the DS, it'd be YOU.

Shopping and overwhelm. I totally get this. I can't handle the selection, the inconsistency of sizes across brands and styles ... it's ridiculous. These days I deal by sticking to a couple of stores and shopping only there, essentially. Kind of like when I shopped only at Lane Bryant, only now it's regular misses sizes. Otherwise I go quietly nuts.

November 5, 2007 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I agree with you about clothes!!! It is frustrating. I can now wear a 20 (even an 18/20) in some pants items, yet, in some blue jeans I am still a 24. I don't get it.

Thank you for your reply to my question. I agree that I need to get more protein in. I am getting about 120 grams in a day. I keep my carbs between 30-60.

I appreciate your encouragement. Your success was one of the primary reasons I chose to have the DS. Thank you so much!

November 5, 2007 at 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, Lemon-Lime Cranberry Splash. We don't usually get new-fangled stuff like that up here in the woods, but I can hope. That looks totally yummy.

I really like the Trader Joe's Emergen-C liquid multi-vitamin in Cranberry--yummy. (Does Atlanta have TJ's?)

Jules

November 6, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home