26 October 2007

Mmmmm....FOOOD!!!

Is it possible to eat your own self out of house and home? I feel like I can eat anything if it ain't nailed down. All this eating is paying off, got on the scale this morning and weighed in at 284.2 lbs. That's 7 lbs in 2 days. Yeah, right. Anyway, it's at least going in the right direction! My new motto is going to be: "When in doubt, eat protein!"

Protein drinks/shakes are such a wonderful thing, I love 'em. Most, if not all, are not the greatest tasting stuff in the world, but boy do they make post-DS life sooooo much easier. Seems like it is just one of those things that will need to be in my life for quite awhile, if not forever. Here's the thing though, when I get to that point where I don't want/need to lose any more weight, will I need those protein drinks? I don't know. While we're on the subject, if I had to breakdown my "worst fears" when it comes to having had the duodenal switch, it would be like 99% of the total fear would be about the surgery not working and me not losing all the weight. 1% of that fear is losing all the weight I ever wanted to lose ... and then some ... and then not being able to stop it. Craziness, huh? A tiny part of me drifts off into that territory when I do eat like crap and still lose weight. In some respects, it's completely unfathomable to me considering where I started from, but I guess anything can happen. I'm not giving it much thought though, I still have a good 100 lbs to lose and God willing, I can make it happen in the next 10 months.

Tonight I'm supposed to be going to a "Girl's Night In" kind of thing but I can't seem to shake this cold and don't want to pass it on so I might just stay home. I actually got some sleep last night, but had to fall asleep with a Hall's in my mouth and I bundled up big time. I usually can only sleep in a pair of lounge shorts and a t-shirt, then I have a sheet and my duvet. Last night I wore sweat pants, a t-shirt AND a long sleeved shirt over that PLUS I put a heavy blanket over my duvet and I was out like a light. Right now, I am still kinda cold. It's maybe 55 degrees outside. I just feel like there is this elusive level of warmth/toastiness that I can't seem to get a hold of unless I'm taking a hot shower or wearing ridiculous amounts of clothing.

I am currently eating my last piece of KFC and am plotting to get some more. God, this stuff makes life easy and it's pretty inexpensive. Not the healthiest stuff in the world, but I ain't worrying about that right now, that's what vitamins are for! Just kidding. I'll worry about eating healthier when I get the protein thing nailed down.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

You are moving on down!!! :)

I hope you get feeling better.

Tiffany

October 26, 2007 at 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad to see another DSer who eats KFC.

Oddly enough, it's the only form of chicken I can count on *not* to disagree with me, and I'm sure it's all the fat. Sometimes I can do chicken in a Cobb salad, but I'm sure that's because of the fat, too --> bleu cheese dressing. Otherwise, chicken tends to sit like a lump in my stomach. (The way I figure it, we now malabsorb the majority of that which would have given us heart attacks before, so I'm not too worried.)

I'm at goal weight, and I still drink protein shakes. I slipped a bit, gained a few pounds earlier this month, realized I *wasn't* doing the shakes, and went back to them. The weight vanished. At 2 years out (almost), I have no plans to discontinue using them.

Bundle up. I'm cold all the damn time now, too. At the moment I'm wearing sweats, a sweater, a fleece vest, and UGG boots. And I'm still cold. AND I live in California!

xo

October 26, 2007 at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home