24 October 2007

Oh Joy...

I am consuming protein like there's no tomorrow ... like it's going out of style ... like there is a limited world supply ... like my life depended on it. Right now I'm chugging an Isopure Zero Carb RTD like it's friggin' Kool-Aid. This is, of course, after I ate a chicken thigh AND mixed a test scoop of the IDS Vanilla Cinnamon I just got in the mail today. I'll probably top off the day around 250+ grams. I had been averaging around 90 if I was lucky. Not enough. Clearly, I was getting lulled into some very bad eating habits, not being vigilant like I should. For shame, Tia, for shame! I chastise myself because protein deficiency is not something to mess around with. I had never found myself in a position to not want any food and unbelievably, that is exactly where I found myself. It is a very difficult thing to try to describe and a very difficult, at least for me, thing for me to overcome, but I think I am emerging from it. Three weeks ago, I could barely get two mediocre meals in a day, today, it feels like I am starving and there's not enough food in the world. My metabolism, along with my appetite is starting to blossom. My meals so far today:

M1: Isopure RTD (40g protein)
M2: Chili (28g)
M3: Isopure RTD (40g)
M4: Chili and a handful of potato chips (28g)
M5: Chicken Thigh (33g)
M6: IDS Vanilla Cinnamon Protein Drink (26g)
M7: Isopure RTD (40g)

I know that's a lot of protein, but I have to make up for 4-6 weeks of sucky suckitude. Truth be told, I could eat another chicken thigh...

I am retaining water like mad. I really, really, really want to permanently stay off the diuretics, I just don't think they're necessary. I'm all puffy right now, but I think with a little work in keeping my protein up and getting in enough water, I will be okay. Right now, my weight is up. I weighed in this morning at a whopping 291.2 lbs. Not happy about that, but I'm not panicking just yet, just a little pissed. I know it's temporary and I know that I just have some work to do to get back on track.

Since I've been home from Barbados, I've been battling a cold or something and I've been more tired than usual. All I want to do is sleep and drink warm liquids. It doesn't help that the weather here in Atlanta has been rainy and cold. Ugh. Typically I like this kind of weather except for the fact that this year, I have no warm clothes. It might soon be time to hit up Target, Ross and possibly Good Will to find at least some warm stuff. I may do that this weekend.

Lately I've been pooping like a true DSer which is unusual for me. I usually Ms. Constipation, but not for the past week, it may be the increased water and protein drinks, I'm not sure. I don't mind so much except that it makes it a little difficult to time things. I want to start walking/jogging again and I don't want to be caught out on the trail with an urgent need to poop. Not cool. I'm hoping it's a transitional thing and my body will return to some kind of normal routine. I'm all about the routine!

My friend, N, from my support group got switched this week and my thoughts have certainly been with her. BP is going overseas this weeks so I have had little time to myself away from my desk, but if N is still in the hospital tomorrow, I will make a trip to go see her. I am so happy for her!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia,

You truly are my hero. I love your blog. It's such a realistic inspiration.

I hope your friend is doing well.
I know she is happy about getting switched too.

I like the way you access your situation. Keep being vigilant
n and it will pay off soon.

I had my last clearance today and I'm excited. I hope to get switched by the end of this year.

Sincerely,
Lisa

October 25, 2007 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home