09 October 2007

Barbados here I come!

So Thursday afternoon, I hop on a plane to Barbados. Woo-hoo! I'm fairly excited, but honestly can't wait to get back and get things rolling in my life again. I feel like I'm settling and need to not do that. Anyway, the plan is to relax (clear my head) and take as many pictures as I can. Luckily my best friend is of the same mind. I was afraid he'd want to do a lot of running around and such. He's bringing a couple of books he's been waiting to read and I will do the same, but I plan to do a bit of walking around and staring at the ocean.

I've had this crazy headache since yesterday afternoon after an argument with my business partner. I could bop her one! Anyway, enough of that crap. I took a couple of Tylenols and went to bed only to wake up several hours later with it still lingering around. Ugh. It's one of those throbbing ones where you can hear your heart beat in your head. Speaking of, mine is bordering on around 40 beats per minutes. Craziness.

I have been eating fairly light for the past several weeks, around 90-120g of protein. What has been missing from my diet is protein drinks. I think I need to return them to my diet. My weight loss is a little sluggish now and I feel a little sluggish. After spending most of my life significantly anemic, it's hard for me to notice gradual changes in my energy levels. Today I certainly feel it, but maybe it's all in my head. There's just a lot of things going on in my life right now. When I visited my parents, it was great because I had the opportunity to have real conversations with them and gauge how they are getting along. I guess it's increasingly stressful to see them aging and not getting along as well as they did. I guess it's really hitting me that they are not going to be around forever and I really do have to make sure I make the most of the time we have with them. I think I mentioned this before, but some of my other siblings are just caught up in old shit, they still like to blame our parents for the crap in their lives. When I was younger, I was just like them, but I just made a choice that I wasn't going to ruin my life with regrets and I certainly wasn't going to ruin the relationship I have with my parents now with bullshit. The one thing I do NOT want is to feel guilty when they are no longer with us. That ain't gonna be me and I know that is exactly going to be the case with some of my siblings. I am going to try my best to do right by them. It's just hard. Anyway, my dad is probably coming to town in a month or so to visit with his side of the family here in Georgia so that will be good. In all honesty, it'll probably be his last trip out here as it's difficult for him to travel from so far away. When he does come, I'm gonna make sure he has a good old time.

Anyway, I have no idea what to wear to a garden wedding in Barbados...I have a few sun dresses, a couple that are very colorful. Ugh. Any ideas? Could I wear a light colored skirt and a blouse?

When I get back I have to go shopping in the next several weeks. I have very little in the way of fall/winter clothes.

Weight this morning is 288.8lbs. Ugh.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really relate to what you are saying about your parents. I have huge regrets I did not spend more time with my mother before she died--for my own immature reasons, some years ago. I hope to do better with my father.

Enjoy Barbados! sounds wonderful.

Rose

October 9, 2007 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home