22 September 2007

Graduation

Weight this morning: 291.2 lbs. Total weight loss: 225.4 lbs.

I have a confession to make. I, like many of us, weigh every day, however I, weigh on two different scales. It doesn't make any sense, but I do. I first step on the scale that I have had the longest, probably a good 2-3 years. I worked great because it went up to 500 lbs in 0.5 lb steps. It didn't work so great once I crossed over the 500 lb mark. That was a dark, dark day. I then went and ordered this slightly fancier (yet more inexpensive) talking scale that went up to 550 lbs in 0.2 lb increments, it's the one I use to record my weight today. I bought it maybe a couple of days before I left for Brazil. Why do I still weigh on both? Well, because, for example, this morning the first scale read 287.5 lbs as my weight. The second one said 291.2 lbs. I sort of use the first scale as a mental gauge of what my weight will be on the second "official" scale. I've tested both scales by using a 20 lb weight and the second scale was dead on, the first one, was off by like a pound and a half. This is silly, I know, but I have been doing it for a year and I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to take the first number and round down! It's very tempting, but I won't do it. Well, now that I am consistently under 300 lbs AND actually closing in on saying buh-bye to the 290's, I am thinking about getting me one of them fancy scales that measure hydration, fat %, all that fun stuff. Currently, I am looking at the Tanita BF679W Duo Scale Plus Body Fat Monitor with Body Water. It's only like $50 and I can probably walk into any Target, Walmart or Sports Authority to pick it up. Needless to say, I know I could never do that with any of my current scales. I'd love to hear any recommendations y'all have.

While I am on the subject, I will not be home for my 13 month anniversary. I will be at my parent's house. I am wondering if I should bring my scale with me, I am just afraid that airport security will think it's a bomb or something. Maybe I should call ahead. I don't know. Maybe I am worrying for nothing. Maybe I should just wait til I get back.

Yesterday, I was ravenous for some reason. I had 3 servings of my beefy cheesy mac, a turkey low carb wrap, a quesadilla (with real cheese -- Monterrey Jack -- not American), about a cup of no-sugar added kernel corn with a lot of butter and a pickle. I woke up at around 6:15 AM this morning with an incredible urge to poop, and poop I did, for like 15 minutes, it came in waves. God I hate constipation. Woke up this morning down 2.6 lbs even after all the food I ate. Today, I am going to try to take it a little easy and drink a protein shake or two to give my innards a rest. I am going to a GameWatch this afternoon to see if my alma mater can get their act together and win a game (misery loves company) and so my only food options are like bar food, hopefully I can find something good there, maybe wings (ugh) or a burger sans bun. Back to the corn ... that was absolutely delicious. I bought it to gauge how slow/fast food is moving through my system. Ironically, I had a moment of wanting something sugar-filled and instead opted to go ahead and eat the corn. Damn good. The "no sugar added" kind had like 1/3 the carbs as regular kernel corn. I was surprised, I didn't think they added sugar to veggies like that! I couldn't discern a difference, but then I didn't have the regular corn to compare. Anyway, I don't really plan on buying this anytime soon, but y'know if I ever have a strong craving for something sweet, I might just opt for this instead of something bad, I mean, sweet corn has got to be better than a cookie or 12.

Yeah well, laundry time. Gonna try to get a couple of loads done before I go to my GameWatch. Have a good weekend, y'all!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Your weight keeps on moving down girl... even with things not going quite the way you would like diet wise, it's still moving. There's some powerful voodoo going on with this DS man ;)

Well done on the corn option. I won't list what I've eaten today... OMG...lol

September 22, 2007 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I weigh on two scales too! (Yes, I weigh every day as well.) I am not sure I would take your scale, unless it could be a carry on. They are so brutal in how they throw the bags under the plane. I would worry that it would completely mess up the accuracy of the scale. Congrats on the weight continuing to move down. :)
Tiffany

September 23, 2007 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home