03 October 2007

Shrimp & Chicken

The chicken that I ate so much of when I was home was Church's Chicken. Man that stuff was good! It was like the best tasting chicken ever. In reality, this is not the case, obviously, but it was absolutely delicious. The chicken I've been struggling with trying to deal with doesn't taste that moist and juicy and doesn't go down very easy. God only knows what they're doing to that chicken, maybe I don't really want to know, but it was good. I went online and checked the carbs & protein content, about 3g carbs for the legs and around 8g for the thighs. Not bad.

This morning I had shrimp which I sauteed with butter, garlic, salt & pepper. Yum! I tried eating eggs and I about hurled. I just can not do it which is troublesome because eggs have been a staple food for me for over a year. I take a bite and my gag reflex kicks in. I guess I have to give it some time to resolve itself.

Weight this morning: 288.8 lbs. Total loss: 227.8 lbs. Buh-bye 290's! I'm notching a 15.2 lb loss for month 13 which isn't entirely accurate because I am weighing in a couple of days late, but in the long run, it doesn't matter. I am making up the difference at the end of month 14 so it's all good.

I saw a friend yesterday who hadn't seen me in a little over 5 months. She freaked out. Good grief. I think I've lost around 60-70 lbs since she last saw me back in mid-April. She called me skinny. Whatever!

My sister gave me a lesson on how to walk. When I was struggling through the 10K a month ago, my waddle became incredibly noticeable to me. I had asked her to help me with my walk and with my posing. She commented to me a few weeks ago how I sometimes look like I'm taking a mug shot in some of my progress photos or rather that I have the exact same lame pose. I spent a good 1/2 hour with a book on my head walking back and forth on my other sister's back patio. Head up, shoulders back, stomach in, long strides, try to keep one foot in front of the other, confident smile. Not as easy as it sounds and definitely something to work on. My hips were killing me afterwards, I need to build those surrounding muscles and am going to try to pay attention to my stride throughout my day to day, especially on my walks. I walk like I weigh 500+ lbs. I don't want to walk like that anymore...hell, who does?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the ONLY chicken that reliably agrees with me, post-DS, is KFC. I'm assuming it's the grease that helps -- because often chicken just sits in my stomach like a hard little lump. Weird, eh, that KFC and its ilk might be sort of, um, healthy for a DSer?!

I *so* get the learning to walk thing: 1) I'm beginning to enjoy a totally new, girly, swinging gait that was totally unfamiliar to me before; 2) I've noticed that formerly fat folks often still walk as if we're still fat -- the tread is heavier than the weight would seem to call for. I think it's all kind of fascinating.

You are just BOOKING down the scale!

October 3, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I am so happy for your progress T! :)

You are a real inspiration to me.

Thanks,
Tiffany

October 4, 2007 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Deluzy,

You know your comments got me thinking...one of the things that I first noticed about the Church's chicken was that the meat itself was flavorful, not just the skin. I wonder how they do that, it's maybe some kind of brine, but yes, it is fatty and I had zero constipation issues. I am at a point now where it's getting harder and harder to stay on track and a few of the foods that used to be staples are completely undesirable to me now. I'm willing to keep Church's chicken in my diet for awhile if it means I can (1) still get my protein in, (2) keep my carbs relatively low (3) minimize the temptation for really crappy food.

Re: the weight loss. Thanks y'all. Yes, it's the slightest bit alarming to see 15 lbs loss in month 13, but I do think a lot of that is makeup for the previous month where I didn't even lose 4 lbs. I don't know what October will bring, but I'd like to lose another 10-15 lbs, but that might be asking for a little too much.

October 4, 2007 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

T - you are just doing amazingly well - I check in on you every day :) Keep up the great work!!!


And get some fries with that shake LOL. Enjoy it!

October 4, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home