02 October 2007

Again with the shopping...

My mom and I were supposed to go shopping while I was home, but I panicked and was able to get out of it. I did, however, come home with a few things from my mom. A nice cream colored long-sleeve tunic and this frou-frou kind of skirt. That was it, I was actually surprised my mom didn't make a bigger deal out of the whole thing. I told y'all about my habit of wearing men's jeans, yes? Well, the first pair from Walmart that I bought were a size 50 waist. Those lasted a couple of weeks, I then bought two pairs of 48's and a pair of 46's. This was mid-August. Those 46's are now too big but I guess I will hang onto them for the fall/winter. Layers, I'm thinking about layers. I may do away with men's clothes all together and find some women's jeans that fit. There has got to be some out there that don't cost a freakin' fortune.

I didn't take nearly as many photos as I had wanted, but I did take a couple of interesting ones. One specifically is of my sister, S and me standing next to each other. In the photo, we are nearly the same size and I am about an inch or so taller. A little over a year ago, we were in a picture of the two of us, again standing next to each other, however in this picture, I look a good 4-6 inches taller than the picture we took a couple of days ago. How does that happen? So weird. It's feeding into my budding paranoia that I'm shrinking. Mildly disconcerting.

I don't know about you, and maybe some of y'all who have been morbidly obese most of your lives can relate, but I have THE hardest time trying to figure out how much a person weighs. I am a very poor judge of weight, my experience is so skewed that I usually don't even come close. I was looking at my mom who is probably 5'6" and weighs around 185 lbs, but you'd never believe it -- or maybe that's just me, but she's a mere 10 lbs or so below where I want to be and now I am seriously rethinking my thought process about what my goal weight might be. Ain't no way I'm gonna look good at that weight! That really blew my mind. 199.8 for me might be cool, but it may not be smart...Actually, as time goes on, 250 seems like a more reasonable goal...but I'll be aggressive and shoot for somewhere around 225...it would be cool to hit 216.6 for an even 300 lbs loss though. We'll see.

A couple things about my trip that I wanted to mention now that I have had some time to think about it. One of the first things I did when I got to my parent's was to go out and buy a case of water bottle and 2 four-packs of ready-to-drink protein drinks. I probably went through 4-5 16oz bottles a day. I think this was one of my problems last time, I wasn't getting my water in. With the protein drinks, I think I only drank four total, but since I was eating a lot of protein anyway, it wasn't a big huge priority to get those in, but if I noticed that I went a 3-4 hours without eating enough protein, I made sure I chugged down a protein shake, luckily that didn't happen too often. I think I did much better at things this time around, but still, there is some improvement that needs to be made. In about a week and a half, I have my Barbados trip and that will definitely be a challenge being in an unfamiliar setting without all the comforts of home. Eek!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

I know. I'll come with you and carry all your water etc for you....lol. I am so in need of a vacation (says the unemployed person). Barbados sounds wonderful!

Yes I have trouble guessing sizes. I don't know what the 'right' size for me is... I'm so used to seeing myself as big that until I can try on a smaller size for a while I think it'll be difficult to get used to. Don't question where you 'should' end up yet... your mind needs time to catch up with the body. For intelligent people we sure can be slow about some things huh?

I'm glad you had a good trip. When you're ready to try womens jeans I highly recommend GAP Curvy Low rise. I paid 14.99 at the outlet mall and they are a fantastic fit. I think they go up to an 18. The 16, at 220lbs is comfortably loose. It's the pair I'm wearing in my 10 month photo comparison. I bought 2 pairs...lol

October 3, 2007 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home