23 October 2007

Low Protein...

Oh boy. I have not been getting enough protein and I am feeling the effects physically and seeing the effects on the scale. I allowed my very bad case of food aversion to get the best of me. I got off my diuretics a couple of days ago because I still felt a tightness in my legs which is a classic sign of low-protein and I didn't think it was a good idea to stay on them if they were hiding symptoms of something more important. So today I went out to GNC and bought a case of Isopure Zero Carb RTD bottles, each having 40g of protein each. I also went out and bought a bucket of chicken. Each leg/thigh combo has around 33g of protein and around 11g carbs. My plan is to get in 200+ grams of protein a day. I'm gonna drink 3 Isopures a day until my order from Vitacost comes. My problem is that I just can't eat that much, not as much as I could, I'm not sure why, I probably need to nurse my ulcer a little more and I think "large" volumes of food cause me issues. So I'm doing 3 protein drinks a day and 2 meals. That should be good. Yesterday I tried to get in all in food, but failed miserably.

My weight this morning was 289.2 lbs which is ludicrous but indicative of (1) getting off the diuretics and (2) not eating enough. Hopefully in a week or so, things will change.

Ever vigilant...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry Smith said...

Your dedication to doing the DS "right" is a continual inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing so many details. I hope that you will continue to make your blog available even after the DS is no longer the primary concern in your life. (So many blogs fall by the wayside as folks get accustomed to living the DS life and no longer think about what it requires so much. Your blog is interesting as well as informative and it is one of the highlights of my day. Just felt the need to tell you that....

Warmest regards,
Terry in NC

October 24, 2007 at 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home