10 October 2007

Another long night....

Thankfully, my headache is, for the most part, gone, but last night was brutal. First of all, I could not get warm. I went to bed around 10:30 PM which is early for me, I didn't even get to finish watching Damages. I hadn't had the air on all day and the thermostat read 83 degrees. I settled in my normal shorts & t-shirt and I had a sheet, my big duvet AND a thick blanket and I snuggled in bed. Now, the headache I had was one of those where you can feel your heartbeat radiate in your head. Sucks. Lots of throbbing pain. I tried to lie still but the throbbing continued and I couldn't sleep. Around 11:45 I got a phone call from a friend and I talked to her for a couple of minutes then tried to go to sleep. No go. Then around 2:15 AM, another freaking phone call from another friend who just wanted to talk, so I chatted with him til around 3. By then I was on fire and sweating pretty profusely. I got up, cranked the air on, took some Tylenol and with an hour or so I was asleep. I woke up around 7 and went to potty and went back to bed. I finally got up at around 9 AM with no headache, just some intermittent throbbing. So weird, but I am happy it is gone. I think BP triggered a migraine. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, I've been eating very clean the last couple of days and I weighed in this morning at 286.6 lbs which makes it an even 230 lbs lost so far. Just a little 28 lbs away from losing 1/2 my body weight. Craziness. I still don't think I am eating enough and I am looking forward to cranking it up when I get home.

Today I have to run out and pick up some supplies to take with me to Barbados. I am going to pick up some protein bars, one of those Rubbermaid type water bottles that I can fill up and take with me on my jaunts around the island, some more multivitamins, some baby wipes (just in case) and some sunflower seed kernels - man, I am addicted to this stuff, perfectly satisfies my desire for salty crunchy snacks. Each 1 oz serving has 170 calories, 15g fat, 5g carbs (4g fiber) and 6g of protein. Yum.

The next 24 hours are going to hectic. I have to wrap up a bunch of work, get my hair done, do laundry, pack and a few other tidbits. Hopefully I can get it all done AND sneak in a couple hours of sleep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home