13 October 2007

Barbados

...is lovely! Well, I am starting my 2nd full day in Barbados and it's absolutely blissful. I just wanted to post a quick note about the one I did that I hadn't done before. I sat by the hotel pool and read a book took a nap on a plastic lounge chair. I've always been afraid of lounge chairs, but I didn't have any problems. First day food-wise was a little sketchy, we ended up going to the grocery store for some food stuffs as it's much more practical to have at least one or two meals a day in your room. Water is also a challenge, but I bought several gallons and am trying to get in at least 64 oz a day.

The beach is lovely and I could seriously live here the rest of my days. Haven't gotten in the water yet, but will make an effort to at least dangle my toes in the ocean. Last night we went to the Friday night fish fry where there are dozens of vendors selling grilled fish - marlin, dolphin, flying fish - that as caught earlier in the day along with a small variety of side items. There was music, drinks, souvenir vendors, etc. It was cool, apparently it is the Barbadian place to be on a Friday night. I had the marlin, it as grand, will be eating the rest of it for lunch today.

Anyway, lots of fun to be had!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Glad you are having a great time! I hope you will share a few pictures of paradise when you return! :)

Tiffany

October 13, 2007 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home