29 October 2007

Yawn...

I was up earlier than normal today in order to get a few hours of overlap time with my business partner. She is on vacation in Europe with her husband for the next two weeks and we needed to have a good 2-4 hours worth of time where I am awake and she isn't doing much of anything, so it turns out to be between 6:30-ish in the morning til around 10AM, depending on what's going on in the company. Speaking of, it looks like some exciting things are materializing for us, things which would require a lot of work, probably another 1-2 years of development, but which could really take us to the next step. I've been thinking a lot about it lately and trying to wrap my head around everything. I like being the master of my own destiny, but it's a lot of work a lot of the time so I just need to be mentally prepared. It is exciting stuff though, definitely more exciting than the type of work we are doing now, so we'll see.

I had a late start to the day yesterday, my bed was so warm and so comfortable, I don't think I emerged until close to 10 AM which is really late. I'm usually up, even on the weekends, between 7 AM and 8 AM. My first meal yesterday was close to 11 AM, not good, so I ended up not getting in as much food as I had been, maybe around 30-40 grams of protein less. It also means my poop schedule is off which also means unless I want to wait til 11 AM today in order for me to clear everything out, then the scale won't be as kind this morning. Tomorrow is my 14th month surgiversary, so I am opting to go ahead and weigh and eat/drink at my normal time so that when I hop on the scale tomorrow, I will smile instead of frown. Anywho, I weighed in at 278.0 lbs this morning, down 1.4 lbs since yesterday.

Month 14 was an interesting one. First of all, I was out of town for about a 1/3 of it which has historically caused me problems, as I have mentioned before. One of the things I was and still am most concerned about is sticking to plan on those days where I am away from home and out of my comfort zone. I think I have gotten much better at it, but still not perfect. I still have a bit of residual anxiety about people commenting on what I eat and how I often I eat. This month I missed support group meeting and I'm slightly depressed about it. I miss my friends. :( This month I also overcame my food aversion issues and am now eating pretty darn well and not surprisingly, feel pretty darn good. In the past I debated with myself as to whether or not consuming so much protein was good for me or not, but I think eating how I've been eating the past several days proves that for me and my body, the more protein the better. When I look at my labs, my albumin only went up like 0.1 after I literally doubled my protein intake so that's good evidence that it's not hurting. I think the problem I was having before had to do with trying to get all that protein in via food, now I know that ain't gonna work and protein drinks 2-3 a day are now a staple for me. Luckily there are 4-5 different kinds that I like, both ready-to-drink and mixes, so I should be good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home