03 February 2008

Adjustments

So my tennis lesson got canceled yesterday as my teacher got sick. That bummed me out way more than I need to admit. Anyway, I decided to be a slouch and take a nap. I honestly thought I'd sleep for 1/2 an hour, get up and go run some errands, but I ended up napping for almost 3 hours, I guess the stress of the week caught up with me and I was out cold. I think I just needed the few hours to decompress. I feel better today and am actually on my way out the door. Gonna run and then hit some tennis balls. I'm at the point now where I feel fairly confident I can run 5 full minutes without bursting a lung.

I did some quick measurements this morning and my waist is an amazing 38.5 inches. That is unbelievable! I had a 62-64 inch waist pre-surgery. My hips are an amazing 50.5 inches. I couldn't even accurately measure them pre-op as my tape measure was about a foot or more too short, but I made an attempt in October of '06 and have 70 inches logged. That's a 20-inch decrease. Wow. I also lost 2+ inches off my neck and 3 inches off my forearms. Craziness. I was just thinking the other day that I am certainly past the point where I feel like I'm the same size as I was pre-surgery and am at the point where I know full well that I am smaller, much smaller, but I don't realize how small (as if) I really am. I looked at some pictures of myself from August during my trip to Savannah and was surprised to recognize that I am smaller than that, that I looked "big" to myself in those pictures. Recently my face seems to have changed quite a bit. My eyes seem to take up 1/2 my face, I never realized they were so big. My cheekbones, I have my mother's cheekbones, in fact, my whole life people have said that I look just like my dad, now they say I look like my mom, I heard that a lot at my family Christmas party.

I really want to find some women's jeans that will fit me well. I've been opting for men's jeans since they come in lengths that support my nearly 6' tall frame. Several months ago I did go to Lane Bryant and tried on some Right Fit jeans and I think I was a 5 at the time. I'm probably a 3 by now accordingly to their website. Problem is, do I really want to spend $40 on a pair of jeans that I'll only be able to wear for a few weeks? Uh, no, especially when I can get 4-5 pairs of jeans at the evil empire (Walmart) for the same price.

I've been thinking about transitioning to weekly weigh ins. I think it might be time ... or not. I don't know, I keep going back and forth on this. Tiffany posted a link to an article about how weighing daily helps keep people in check. I truly believe it as I know that panic starts to set in when/if things get a little out of control. Maybe my indecision is based in not being ready and maybe I just need to accept that and maybe look at it as something to do once I cross over into onederland. I'm about 80% EWL for my goal of 199 and around 73% for the second goal of 175.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday! Yea! I'm excited about it but I know that once it's over, the six month long football drought begins, makes me want to cry, but with the weather warming up in the next several weeks, the plan is to be actually playing more sports than I'm watching them on TV.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Wow....what progress!!!! :)

I have two pairs of Right Fight Lane Bryant Size 3 (Blue) that I would be more than happy to give to you. Let me know if you are interested.

:)
Tiffany

February 3, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home