30 January 2008

Sigh...

Okay survey time. I really want to hear your responses on this one, because I want to know if the way I feel about this issue is inline with most rational, professional people.

Employee #1 sent this email to Employee #2:
Employee #2,

Per Supervisor #1's email...I thought that we couldn't change a person's name on quotes anymore? Please explain if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Employee #1

Employee #2 sends the following to Employee #1:
Employee #1,

You will excuse my French but I don’t have time for this shit. I do not cheat and understand the rules. You may not like my answer and I’m sorry for that. I’m getting very frustrated where nobody can understand simple procedures and now start questioning my work and my credibility.

I’ve copied Supervisor #1 and Supervisor #2 on this, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

This is the crap I have to deal with in my own company. This is what happens when there are too many friends and family members in a small business. Employee #2 is a sales team member and just happens to be husband to my business partner. I swear to God above, some days I just want to walk away from this. How is that some people just do not know how to act? Someone please tell me how this is at all appropriate? I promise you, I DO NOT get it....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

WOW...I'm not even sure what to say to that. WOW. I am so sorry you have to deal with that kind of stuff. I was a classroom teacher for 5 1/2 years, and now I am a trainer/consultant for teachers and administrators. Working with adults can be so challenging. My hat is off to you. Sorry I don't have any suggestions.
TIffany

January 30, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time for a big office meeting about appropriateness, courtesy, and respect. If I had sent an e-mail like that at my last job, I would have been fired. Period. If your BP can't be on board with this, perhaps you need to buy her out? Or have her buy you out? Or just threaten to do one of those things? I don't know. Definitely a BIG meeting with the entire office. I'd write up emp#2, I don't care who he's married to. And put it in his file.

I wouldn't tolerate this from my staff, either.

Good luck.

Jules

January 30, 2008 at 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am mystified by the response of Employee #2. After reading these letters several times, I cannot see any reason for this reaction. The response is pure emotion with no reference whatsoever to Employee #1's question. Clearly something is going on with these two people beyond what shows in these notes. That, or Employee #2 is crazy, which I wouldn't rule out without more information.

No suggestions. Lots of sympathy.

January 31, 2008 at 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home