30 September 2006

One Month

A month ago today a very kind and able doctor named Marchesini performed a miracle surgery on me called the BPD/DS. I had flown all the way from my home in the suburbs of Atlanta to Curitiba, Brazil to have the operation. Today I sit here now 50.4 lbs lighter. Amazing.

The surgery seems almost like a dream sometimes and often, I can't hardly believe I actually went through with it, but I'm so glad I did. The past 30 days have not been exactly easy, but they have been the start of new life for me (even if sometimes I don't realize it). I am incredibly grateful for this gift and everyday I find myself more and more committed to try to take the best advantage of everyday.

Man, what a journey. I feel like I am in a constant learning mode. Learning what to eat. Learning what not to eat. Learning how much is too much. Learning what used to taste good to me before, not so much now. Speaking of, I just had a nasty experience with some scrambled egg and cheese. Thank God, I haven't had many instances of vomiting, but the last two times I have needed to have, oddly enough, been after I've eaten eggs. I think I'm done with eggs for awhile. It sucks because one of my favorite foods used to be scrambled eggs and cheese. I fell in love with them all over again after months of low carbing, but right now, I just can not do it. I felt something funky going on almost immediately after the first bite and let me tell ya, that's all she wrote. Five minutes later, I was hurling it up. Gross.

I'm also wondering if I should still be trying to do the eating 6 times a day. I'm not sure that's for me. The only reason I ate the eggs in the first place was because it had been over 2 hours since my last meal. I wasn't really hungry. I do get hunger pangs so maybe I should listen to my body instead of trying to follow an arbitrary schedule. I'm not sure what to do.

Anyway, I'm happy with my 50 lb loss. This next month I will be slowly introducing exercise in my daily routine and if I am lucky will maybe see the same loss in month 2. We shall see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home