04 September 2006

Sick

Well, I am back in the hotel as of yesterday and what a blessing that is. I started to really hate the hospital. The staff were exceptional and my care was phenomenal, it was the beds. They didn't have bariatric bed so they started to get really uncomfortable by day 2. Lots of sore spots on the hips, etc. Not fun.

Anyway, I got a cold yesterday and that has definitely delayed me feeling 100%. It's nothing major just sniffles and a little coughing, but it makes sleeping impossible so I've been tired. Luckily today, I got the medicine I needed so hopefully in the next day or so I will be feeling better. Even though, I have been sick, I do feel better than yesterday. I was having a real problem with the binders. I wasn't taking deep breaths and was finding myself almost instantaneously winded, but I have been working on that really hard and was able to even go out and about today. I'm still working on it so hopefully, in a few days I will be able to walk where I need/want to walk.

All in all, things are going okay. I got my laundry done today (thank God) so I have a fresh batch of clothes! You have no idea how wonderful that is. Now if I can only figure out how to make this darn binder more comfortable, all will be right in the world!

I'm outta here in about 10-11 days, but I am looking forward to getting to the touristy part of my stay. A couple of folks are taking the train ride tomorrow, but I really don't feel comfortable doing it with the cold & stamina issues, but hopefully sometime next week. Right now, I am just focusing on getting well and getting better. That'll be good enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home