08 December 2006

Day 100

I got my 3 month lab results back today. Everything looks good except of course for my iron levels. A whopping 8.7. Normal range is 11.5 - 15.0. Wunderbar. I'm not entirely surprised. I've been dealing with low iron for at least 15-16 years. My PCP is insisting I go see the hematologist and get an iron infusion. I saw the guy about a year ago and he wasn't all that helpful so we'll see. The funny thing is that I don't feel the kind of fatigue I usually feel when my iron is that low. I don't know how many of you have experienced such a thing, but it is truly debilitating. It was a major effort to get from bed to couch. I honestly see it as one of the many reasons for my obesity. Hopefully now, I can get a better handle on it.

Today I weighed in at 426.2 lbs. Officially I've lost a total of 90.4 pounds since my highest. Can you believe that? I surely can't. It's been an incredibly journey for sure. I'm only 2 lbs above the weight when I first started the Dr. Atkins Diet for the first time in 2001. Crazy, huh? I remember back near Day 45 or so when I was stressing about whether or not I'd lose any more weight. Good grief. Thank goodness (wink, wink) I've calmed down since then.

I found myself oddly excited about my walk this morning. I guess the anticipation of it being incredibly freakin' cold was a bit too much to take 'cause my ass was up at like 5:45. Ridiculous. I spent a good hour and a half getting some work done before I even got dressed. I actually overcompensated for the cold weather. I wore 2 thick long-sleeved shirts, a sweatshirt and windbreaker and 20 minutes into my walk I was sweating bullets. The windbreaker really retains heat. I only wore my usual jogging pants so by the time I got back to my car I was a mess. From the neck up, frozen. Neck down to my waist line drenched. Waistline down, frozen. Ugh. That debacle left me oddly chilled the rest of the day today. Cross your fingers. I do NOT want to get sick.

As for me and my life right now, things are good. Situations with the family unit are pretty mellow which is exactly what we need. 2006 was such a difficult, difficult year. I haven't mentioned this here but my sister had passed away in January which really crushed everyone. Then our cousin died in July, then of course, our brother passed away just before I left for Brazil. Everyone is still a bit shellshocked and holding onto anything good, which thankfully came in the package of my grandnephew in June, then a nephew, in October. Babies always make things better. Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, I am headed to St. Louis to spend time with my sister. She's my 2nd youngest older sister and we get along grand. Work has been more than bearable and I am actually enjoying doing the work. BP isn't getting on my nerves as much and has actually calmed the !@#$ down, either that or I am able to deal with her better.

I am definitely keeping a tight circle around myself as far as my surgery is concerned. I guess you could call it Star-Jonesing it. Luckily, I haven't had too many questions but I don't anticipate that lasting forever. I am hoping to stay under the radar through the winter and into the spring. I feel like I've already told the people I need to tell.

Tomorrow I am doing two sets of family portraits for two families. I'm crazy nervous about it, but I should do okay as long as I don't try too hard and just do what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home