25 November 2006

Mmmmm.... Turkey

I just got back from my first post-Thanksgiving walk. I did my 25 minute walk in 23. Pretty darn cool. I had a decent Thanksgiving, not as good as last year, but okay, nonetheless. The food was great. I had plenty of turkey and ham, a tad bit of stuffing and way too much mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes weren't my only transgression, I had two small pecan pie tarts as well. Ugh. Let me just say that there was a reason why I didn't go on my walk yesterday... it wasn't a good idea to be too far away from the bathroom. I learned my lesson. Carbs in significant quantities wreak royal havoc on my system and I just can't deal. I don't want to, the gas and cramps were at a level I've never experienced before. Yikes!

Anyway, I noticed something in my walking. I seem to be a little unsteady. I'm so used to walking a certain way, almost leaning back in order to equalize me weight, but now since I've lost a significant amount of weight, I've noticed that I'm not quite used to walking smoothly and at a consistent pace. I guess that is going to be a minor problem from here on out. I also need to invest in some good walking/running shoes. I'm currently walking in a pair of K-Swiss Classics, but I've noticed some pressure at my big toe which is uncomfortable. I'm thinking New Balance, but I have no idea. I really like my walk. It's fun, although I'm not too keen on being lapped by little old ladies. Sigh.

Well, I am still having poop issues. I know what it feels like to be free and clear, so to speak and I just feel like I'm filled with a thick sludge. Gross, I know, but it's driving me mad. I'm not sure what the culprit is, but I am going to go back to basics and keep things simple AND consistent. Someone at support group said that your body likes consistency. Hell if I know, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had the opportunity to spend some quality time with friends and family. I won't go into all that I am greatful for, but needless to say, I am immensely grateful for my DS, Dr. M. and all the wonderful people I have met during this incredibly journey. I am truly blessed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home