03 December 2006

K.I.S.S.

As soon as I went back to eating simple and clean and doing my walking in the morning, I promptly dropped 3 lbs. I weighed in at 430.2 lbs. What have I learned in the past 3 weeks?

1. Sugar, simple/white carbs are not my friends.
2. I need to exercise every day to get the results I want.
3. Be better prepared when the day strays from my normal routine.
4. Low sodium, low sodium, low sodium.

I had forays into white potatoes, pecan pie tarts, pasta and a couple of home fries sporadically in the last three weeks. Needless to say, each time caused a ruckus in my stomach and the gas/poop afterwards was simply not worth it. It's just not for me right now. I did buy some Dreamfields pasta and made some baked macaroni & cheese. I made it with Monterrey Jack cheese and 1 1/4 lb of ground beef and 1/2 a medium sized onion and a pint of heavy cream. I heavily boosted the protein & fat. I ate it as a couple of meals and it did give me gas although it didn't really affect my carb counts for the day. Only 5 grams per serving and between the two meals, I doubt I had a full serving. It was good, but the gas afterwards was a bit much so instead of treating as a full meal, I am going to treat it as a side dish. After it cooled in the fridge overnight, I cut it into 1 x 2 inch squares and froze them. That way I can have a square with my pot roast or with a hamburger (sans bun).

Anyway, I have a little party to go to today. BP and her fiance (BPF) are having a little party for BPF daughter's return. The kid's mom is foreign and had left with the daughter for an 8 week vacation at the end of May and was to return at the beginning of Aug. Homegirl decided otherwise and only recently returned because basically she was forced to, something about the Hague Convention or something. I really don't know. Anyway, BPF hadn't seen his daughter in 6 months until this past Monday and so is having a party in her honor so that everyone else who hasn't seen her in 6 months can welcome her back. They haven't heard back from the judge just yet so they don't know the final word on custody is yet.

After the party, I'm gonna stop on my way home and get some walking/running shoes. I need them semi-desperately. My feet aren't killing me yet, but why wait?

By the way, I noticed that my energy is near nil about 3/5 of the way through my walk and I'm wondering whether or not I should eat before I go. Usually I just get up in the morning, poop, weigh, get dressed and go walk, and when I get home, I immediately consume a protein shake (46 grams). Should I drink the shake beforehand? Maybe split the shake in two, one before, one after? What about fruit juice? Maybe 4-8 oz before hand? That's a lot of sugar, though.

Any suggestions?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home