17 December 2006

Hungry

I had a good day yesterday. I didn't do any celebrating or anything. Just took some progress photos (as you can see) and enjoyed a pretty mellow day. I have a confession to make. I'm not in much in a Christmas spirit. I'm no Grinch, but it just doesn't really feel like Christmas to me. Brazil really wiped out all my financial reserves so I am only doing one or two gifts this year. I already got the Christmas gift of a lifetime (DS) so I'm content either way.

Yesterday was another case of hollow leg syndrome. Hungry all day long and I ate and ate, not the best of foods either. It was still low carb, but not the best food choices, quite a bit of processed foods. It was my first day over 2000 calories, 177 grams of protein which means there was quite a bit of fat which I am paying for now, although I did weigh in at 416.0 this morning so go figure.

I talked to the hematologist's office late last week and I am scheduled for iron therapy Friday morning. That's 3 days before Christmas. She said be prepared to stay for 5 hours. Yikes. I have to call in Monday to see if I will be able to eat/drink during that amount of time. I can't go five hours without eating or drinking something. And God help me if I have to poop.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T-

You can drink and eat. Bring your own though as they are low on protein stuff.

Also, be prepared to fall asleep. The Benedryl makes you sleepy, sleepy.

I actually like to go to the iron infusions. It is almost like a spa day.

December 19, 2006 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home