24 December 2006

Par-tay

I had a pretty decent time at the Christmas Party I went to last night, much more than I expected actually. This party was a family one, mostly my dad's side of the family which I don't know as well as my moms. They are a large bunch, a good 30-40 people attended and it was lively. This was the first time many of them had seen me since I had the surgery and many were surprised at the results and I did get a few questions about it, but nothing major. I did find out that my cousin had had the RNY a few years ago (I had no idea, I honestly thought he had lost the weight on his own), but has gained much of the weight back. A few people expressed that concern to me and I just mentioned that I had a different surgery.

The food was great. All I had was a couple of slices of turkey sausage off the meat/cheese/cracker tray, some honey baked ham and two lemon pepper chicked wings and I was pretty much stuffed. I also had a cup of orange/pineapple juice cocktail, non-alcoholic but carbonated, my first since surgery. All in all, a good night. I did get a surprising amount of candy as gifts so I'll be passing that on.

I gotta say, I looked awfully cute. I got dressed up and wore some clothes I hadn't worn in awhile. I wore a long dark blue jean skirt and a festive blouse. My hair, for once, was behaving properly and looked quite nice. I felt good and comfortable in my clothes which is honestly a rare thing. Usually when I dress up, I don't feel comfortable at all, typically I feel stuffed or crammed in my clothing, but not tonight. I felt, dare I say, breezy. That was marvelous in and of itself. The only major bummer about the whole day was that my beloved camera broke and I am quite depressed. I've had that camera for 3 years and we've been through a lot. I think I've taken like 10,000 pictures with it. I don't know if it can be fixed or not or how much it'll cost. I may have to move my time table up for purchase of a new one. Ugh.

Today, gotta another party to go to, however, it is much more low key and I shouldn't be there long. Gotta bake another batch of cookies. I do have to make sure I complete a couple of errands as the shops close early and will be closed all day Monday.

Weight wise, I am holding steady around 414. I have to admit to indulging in some holiday fare, but thankfully, not as much as I feared. I find that my body craves protein a lot and not so much the other stuff so that's good. Hopefully as soon as Monday passes, things will be back to normal. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home