26 December 2006

Post-Holiday Reflections

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I did. Not too many gifts and such, but great, great company and good food (kinda). In fact, the past couple of days have been absolutely wonderful, low stress and I really enjoyed all the people I spent time with. No complaints on my end. I admit to partaking of some Christmast food a bit some in the past few days, but surprisingly, most of the "good stuff" ie stuff I don't usually eat didn't give me the satisfaction that I thought it might. I thought that the small slivers of pie and yule log would feel like an indulgence, but not so much. It didn't taste bad, but the instagas was definitely not pleasant and the diarrhea later in the middle of the night wasn't fun. The biggest thing, however is that I don't feel like my normal self. I feel sluggish and weighted down. Ugh. Not surprisingly, my weight is way up, 418.2. Crap. Literally, I know it's poop. I've got that constipated feeling. Needless to say, it's back to basics for me. I know that carbs and sweets and stuff are not things that I really want. I had my holiday fun and I'm done. Honestly, I didn't even indulge that much. Looking at certain things and realizing what the gastrointestinal consequences were going to be made me think twice about how much I thought I wanted something.

I'll tell you what though, I REALLY enjoyed two things the most about this holiday season. One, I took great delight in how people reacted to me. Freakin' awesome and the best part was that I felt really comfortable in my own skin. Christmas Eve I was at a friend's house helping her wrap the 50 million gifts for her daughter and in one of her bedrooms, the closet doors are covered in mirrors and I looked at myself and was not horrified at what I saw. I thought I looked pretty good and could definitely tell I lost a lot of weight. The second thing was that I felt like I could get around so much easier. Often in the past, I would find myself a seat and keep my ass there for the duration of the festivities, but not so this time around. I felt like a participant and not just an observer.

Overall, good times, but am glad Christmas is over. I am really ready for things to get back to normal. One quick thing about the iron infusion the other day. I can't say I feel any better, especially since I haven't been eating as well as I should have, but am hoping that now since I am back in my normal routine and hopefully will be soon shedding this carb fog that I will be able to feel a difference. I noticed that I do feel warmer and am not constantly freezing, so maybe that's something. Dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home