10 December 2006

Whoa

Weighed in at 422.4 lbs this morning. I guess the increase in protein and the exercise are paying off. I am taking the day off from walking, I need to give my hips a rest, but I tell ya, I'm tempted to go out there. It's interesting because when I read messages in some of the DS Yahoo lists or on Obesity Help, I don't read much about how important exercise is or about how people are exercising. It comes up in convo every now and again, but not nearly as much as the other important areas of concern (nutrition, water, supplements). I think the reason is that exercise is no one's favorite thing in the world and with the DS you don't necessary have to do a lot or any exercise to still lose a lot of weight. Honestly, I think if I had solved my protein issue before I started exercising, I might not have started, but I'm shooting for overall health and frankly, I don't want the regret of not having done enough during my "honeymoon phase" to lose as much weight as I could. That, to me, is a worse case scenario. Can you imagine, two years from now, me being over 300 lbs wondering what I need to do to lose the last 100-125 lbs? Ugh, that shit keeps me up at night.

My surgeon's goal for me is 250 by the end of the year and 200 lbs post-plastics soon after. My goal is around 175-185 by the end of year two, then we'll think about plastics. 175-185 may be super skinny for me, but I am allowing for a small regain in the following years, maybe 15-20 lbs so that hopefully I will be able to maintain a healthy weight sub 200 lbs.

Anyway, the photo shoots went pretty well yesterday. The only thing I will say about it is dealing with kids is a challenge. It's funny though how uninterested they are about the whole thing, especially younger kids.

Well, I have tons of work to do and I plan to do all my laundry and clean my whole house today, then it's back to the grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home