16 January 2007

No, I didn't kill her...

I wanted to, but I didn't. Friday I got a phone call from a lady at this consulting firm I had submitted my resume to like two years ago. They are looking to fill a position and a former coworker (whom I hadn't worked with for like 7 years) recommended. I didn't pursue the position back then because I had decided I wanted to start a company. I'm not necessarily really looking for a job right now, but I also hadn't really checked out the landscape in my industry in the past 5-6 years. I just got off the phone with the head of the department and we had a good conversation. I'm not sure what the next steps are so we'll see. If the moolah is good, I'll have to think about it. I'm certainly not giving up my business for a job, but my day-to-day role will be certainly reduced. I dunno.

Weighed in today at 400.8. Still hanging on to the 400's. I'm not sure why. I think it's like a psychological barrier or something. I haven't been able to walk in the mornings, it's just been too freakin' crazy in my life. Thankfully things have calmed down and I should be able to tomorrow. I had a great conversation with my sister last night. I love talking to her, so much fun and I miss her like crazy! Anyway, she reinforced the notion that I need to go buy some new clothes. She said I needed to witness my own progress after I told her, yet again, that I just don't see the "alleged" dramatic change in my appearance. She says I never will unless I get out of the clothes I am swimming in and get into some that fit. Kim told me the exact same thing. I must be hard-headed. So this weekend, I'm off to....somewhere to buy a couple pair of pants and some shirts.

I can't wait for DS support group this Thursday. I need to be around my peeps.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

It's funny I had exactly the same issue getting below 300... I seemed to hover there forever. Finally dropped below today but have no idea why today would be the day... I didn't do anything differently.

Hopefully we'll see you posting in the next little while celebrating entry into the 300's. You are doing so well Tia!

Enjoy your shopping.

January 16, 2007 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Geez I hope so. I had dreams of being below 300 come mid-June, but I am not so sure.

January 16, 2007 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia,
Your blog is so interesting and inspiring. I especially admire your dedication to walking. I keep telling myself everyday to walk, and in 18 months, I walked a total of 1 days.

I am so rooting for you, and your next milestone of reaching the 300s.

BTW, shouldn't BP be on honeymoon? And, does she read your blog?

-Gwen

January 17, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home