10 January 2007

Keeping Calm

I think in a couple of weeks I'll be ready for a 5K walk. I can do 2.0 miles in around 45 mins without breathing too heavy nor feeling exhausted afterwards. The only thing I do feel is starving but that's because I don't eat anything before I head out. I'm not sure if I should or not. I want to get the biggest bang for my effort so I figured I'd allow my body to use stored fat for energy instead of food. That could be complete bullshit, by the way. I have no idea.

My weight this morning was 407.6 lbs. I am trying not to stress about it because logically I know that that number isn't a true representation of my progress. I know I am losing real weight, I know I have poop issues, I know I am retaining water, I just have to be patient as I allow my issues to resolve. I will not use the s-word. I tell ya one thing, this DS is defintely teaching me patience. I remember in my low carb days when the scale wouldn't behave ;) it would send me into an irrational depression or give me every reason to go off plan. Now, I know better. I know to re-evaluate what I am doing to ensure that I am doing things right and tweak things if I need to. So far I am really trying to get more water in and seeing if that helps.

So this whole loose skin thing is fascinating and a little unsettling. It looks so weird and feels funny. It's definitely most prominent in my upper arms. Luckily they stay covered up. In some areas I can pinch my skin and it stays pinched. Trippy. It's the oddest thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home