28 December 2007

No mas!

I'm contemplating ditching a dinner New Year's Eve Day because it's the start of one my New Year Resolutions which is to start the year off with 30 days of kick-ass nutrition, hydration, supplementation and exercise. I just really, really need to remind myself how well I can do, how good I feel and how well my DS works when I don't engage in any sabotaging behaviors. As of Jan 1, I have 8 months of my weight loss window (if you believe in such things -- I'm not entirely convinced) so I'd like to hit goal by August 30th. I am around 75 lbs away from goal #1 (199 lbs) and around 100 lbs from goal #2 (175 lbs). This year will be my last year for losing weight, after this I am done. I finally saw the commercial Valerie Bertinelli did for Jenny Craig where she very poignantly said that this New Year's would be the first one in 20 years where she wouldn't wake up and the first thing on her mind was losing weight (or something like that) and I certainly understand the emotions she was feeling. 2008 is it for me. I promised myself at the beginning of this journey that I was going to do the work and get it done, that the next two years would be my last two years of "dieting" and I'm going to stick to that.

This morning I weighed in at 273.4 lbs, up 0.2 from yesterday which was to be expected. I didn't drink enough water yesterday, maybe 64 oz and I drank the first 32 oz around 8:30 AM and the last 32 oz around 10 PM, so that wasn't so great. Today it's back up to a gallon and hopefully I can spread it out more. I hate to say it, but sometimes water sucks. One thing though, I haven't had nearly as many diet sodas as I previously did now that I am drinking all this water. I have this nagging notion in the back of my head that all those artificial sweeteners can't possibly be good for me so I least I can take a little comfort in that.

It's been raining off and on all day in Atlanta and we certainly need it. The drought we've been having has been terrible, every little drop counts. I just got back from the bank and the whole area is covered in this misty fog, it's actually quite beautiful and serene. I wish I had my camera with me.

There have been quite a few posts on the DS board at ObesityHelp.com concerning Flagyl. When I went down to Savannah in August, a good friend gave me about 20 or pills and I think in all I've taken make 4. I heard a rumor or two that it may slow your weight loss and after looking at the pros and cons, I decided I just don't need it right now. My smelly gas is more than manageable when I am mindful of what I eat. Eating a low gluten, low dairy, low carb diet really keeps the gas at bay and it's only when any of those three things aren't so low is when I have issues. When I am at goal, I can see myself being on Flagyl as I can tell you right now, the first thing that I will definitely be eating a lot of is cheese. I love it and I miss it and at that point I won't care if it clogs me up. Cheese is my favorite food so I must have it again. Yum.

I have to go down to the Data Center tomorrow where my company's servers are being co-located. Fun. I don't know if y'all have ever been in one, but they are actually kinda cool if you've got a moderate geek quotient. The only bad thing about a trip to the data center is that it if usually very cold and it's illuminated 24/7 with very bright artificial light and there is a non-stop electrical buzz, after all we are talking about a giant room with thousands of servers that need to be cooled. Data centers are high risk so there's usually multiple levels of security to have access to your own servers and typically if you were to see the building from the outside, it would look totally non-descript. Hopefully I will only be there for a few hours, I really don't feel like freezing my butt off all day!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Flagyl might slow weight loss....oh crap....so not going to take it now. I don't even want to entertain that thought. NO WAY. I will live with the gas. I really keep my carbs low as a whole, but I still have awful gas. It smells like a baby's diaper. GAG.

I think your New Year's Goal is awesome. :) Something new I like....Bob Evan's Sausage Chili, has 16 carbs for the bowl and 22 protein. Just another idea for you if you are out.

Tiffany

December 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home