21 December 2007

Support Group Meeting/Running

The day didn't start off great yesterday, but it sure ended well. Support group was awesome, as usual. Y'know what the best kind of holiday party to attend is? A weight loss surgery support group holiday party. Why? Because all the food is WLS friendly! There was so much of it, but I mostly stuck to meats, roasted pork w/ onions & apple, spicy chicken wings, sweet & sour chicken (I think), salami, yum. I was all about the protein so I only had tastes of a cinnamon/splenda bar, a low-fat, low sugar cheesecake and the banana pudding for posterity. I got the recipe for the cheesecake, it was great and I'm not a big cheesecake fan.

I also signed myself up to volunteer for the Walk from Obesity planning committee. For some reason I thought I missed the whole thing when I went to Barbados, but I guess not. I also volunteered to be the group's photographer, especially for the newsletter. God knows you don't have to ask me twice when it comes to photography. Good stuff.

Well, today is going to be busy. I am meeting with my business partner and our head of Customer Service/Sales to go over our 2008 Initiatives. Can you say marathon meeting? We have our weekly staff meeting at noon and then the three of us are going to stash ourselves away for the next several hours to go through all our ideas, goals, hopes and wished for the next 12 months. I am actually looking forward to it as it is the most interesting part of the business for me right now. Since I'll be out of my daily routine, I am being safe and taking my food with me for the day, I don't want to be caught without good food to eat.

I weighed in at 277.0 lbs this morning, down 1.2 lbs from yesterday and just 5.0 lbs more to go. This weekend I think I am going to go and get fitted for some proper running shoes. I saw Beth last night at support group, she's my running mentor and told her about my Peachtree Road Race goal. I know Kim will be running and maybe a couple other folks as well. I will be following a Couch to 5K plan of some sort and can hopefully expand it so that I can feasibly run a 10K by July.

Alrighty then, I'm out of here!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home