13 December 2007

Slowly, but surely....

This morning I weighed in at 285.4 lbs, needless to say I haven't wanted to put that in print. Sigh. That's 13+ lbs higher than my lowest. I have to admit to almost, almost breaking down in tears the other day when I stepped on the scale, but I fought them back, damnit! Tuesday the scale read 288.0 lbs, talk about frustrating. I'm trying to be rational about this. This is day 8 from when I stopped diuretics. I wake up with a puffy face, puffy fingers, puffy legs, so annoying. I know it's a reaction to getting off the diuretics, but goddamn, that's a big reaction! Oh well, at least it's going down, I will probably not lose any weight this month to be honest which makes it even more difficult to stay on track. I will be content to just slowly make progress if it means I won't have to do this crap again! I comfort myself with the knowledge that this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Anyway, I went grocery shopping and was absolutely shocked to see how expensive eggs are. What the hell! I usually buy a dozen Jumbo sized eggs for like $1.79, today they were almost $2.25. A dozen of large eggs was $1.99. I instead went with the 1 1/2 dozen large eggs for like $3.75 or something ridiculous. Good grief, I wonder if it is due to the increase in baking that goes on around this time of year. Ironically, butter was pretty inexpensive, I picked up two packs of butter for $2.18 each, sometimes it can over $2.50 per. I don't know about y'all but I go through a lot of butter and I always have at least a pound of butter in my fridge, always. Butter goes with everything and it helps keep things moving.

Yesterday was another warm day which meant I wasn't totally freezing. Unfortunately, I couldn't go out to the park because we had a staff meeting instead of the usually Friday meeting. BP left for a short trip this morning and won't be back til the weekend. Today's high will be 70, but it looks to be a little overcast as it is supposed to rain later tonight. I may go out there, we'll see how the afternoon goes.

Finally and most importantly, congrats to Deluzy! She celebrating celebrated her two year surgiversary! You go girl! I've been reading her blog since I started on this journey way back when. Such an inspiration!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I am sorry about the weight gain from the coming off diuretics. :(

I looked at my spring scale. It is a "Taylor Professional" scale. I have had it for some time. It weighs up to 400. I'm not sure where I got it at.

December 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home