09 December 2007

Par-tay!

So I didn't go to see Obama today, but for a good reason, I didn't get in til the wee hours of the morning. Yeah, I had a pretty interesting night. We had our company Christmas Party and the par-tay was on! We met at BP's house at 6:30 PM for pre-dinner festivities, passed out the Xmas bonuses, exchanged gifts, etc. We then moved to this restaurant for dinner at 8:30PM. We had a table of 8 (a couple of people were out of town or could not otherwise make it). The food was great! I had a few calamari for an appetizer and for dinner I had probably the best scallops I've ever had. They were delicious! The booze was flowing, but I didn't have any of it. I know my colleagues and they like to drink, I actually only had water, believe it or not, not even a diet drink, just nice cold water, which, by the way, was tough because every five minutes someone was trying to push wine on me. Blech. Anyway, we were done with dinner around 10:30 or so. The first floor of the restaurant is like a bar with a live band so there's me and a bunch of well-dressed drunk people hitting the dance floor for the next few hours. Needless to say, the drunk people got more drunk and I just took it all in ... and took lots of pictures. :) By the time I got everyone home, made it home myself and got to bed, it was pushing 4 AM. The odds of me getting up in 4 hours to catch a ride to South Carolina at 10 AM were nil.

Anyway, I had fun, once I go through the pics, I will post a couple. In the meantime, I'm taking a nap!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home