18 December 2007

Progress

I went into Wallyworld a few days ago on a whim, I wanted to see if I could pick up eggs cheaper than at Kroger and I ended up spending around $40 on food. The eggs were cheaper, but I also picked up a pack of Country style pork ribs which I slow cooked yesterday. Oh my God, the deliciousness, they have such great natural flavor! I tried not to add too much salt so I used a lot of Mrs. Dash and they came out great! If I could recommend any small appliance to DSers, a slow cooker would be it. I have a Nesco that my mom bought me. I love the thing. Anyway, I also picked up some shrimp, a couple dozen of eggs (only a few cents cheaper), an onion, some decaf coffee, creamer and some Earl Campbell sausages which frankly, I was surprised to see as I thought they were only sold in Texas. I love those sausages, the only bad thing is that they have a high ratio of protein to carbs, almost one to one, that ain't good. Anyway, I may have to start really looking into doing my regular grocery shopping at Walmart, ate least for the basics.

Well, I got on the scale this morning and weighed 281.4 lbs, still 9.4 lbs above my lowest at 272.0 lbs, but down from the 288 lbs I ballooned to after I got off the diuretics. I frequently review Kilaani's OH profile to keep perspective on things. I especially like how she shows her progress every month, some months she gained or didn't lose, others she lost a ton, often well into her 2nd and 3rd year. That gives me so much hope. I have definitely changed my thinking about the "weight loss window". I think you can still lose weight past it if you are consistently eating well and exercising.

I have been spending less and less time at the DS board on ObesityHelp.com and more and more time on their Exercise and Fitness forum. I mentioned, probably a year and a half ago, that I have delusions of being an athlete and in 2008 I am going to make that happen. There is a big race on July 4th, the Peachtree Road Race that I want to run, it's a 10K in the heart of Atlanta during one of the hottest months of the year. I want to be able to run it, I mean, actually *run* it. My last 10K, I ran maybe 100 yds and that was it, took me 2.5 hrs to finish the darn thing, but I want to do this 10K and actually run. It's roughly 6.5 months away, I am hoping that's plenty of time to train properly for it. I'm still a little back & forth about the gym membership. I want to have variety in my activity and I'm not sure that I will be going regularly. This particular gym doesn't really have any kind of aerobics classes, it's mostly just exercise equipment, not that I'm keen on aerobics classes at the moment, but I'm liking my Walk Away The Pounds DVDs so much, I might want to eventually try something else and I'd like to have that option. That basically leaves the local YMCA which is a little further out from my house, but close enough to go everyday plus they have a ton of stuff AND the park where I walk/run is next door. So maybe that makes the decision easy. I'll have it figured out soon enough.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Would you mind sharing your vitamin routine with me? Also...where do you get your vitamins?

There is a walk/jog walk away the pounds. That might be a decent place to start.

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Walk-Away-Pounds/dp/B0006213IK/ref=pd_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1197999092&sr=8-7

You might want to look at Half of Me's blog too about running. She talked about having shoes custom picked for her after they did a video analysis of her running and walking on the treadmill. I'm sure that wasn't cheap, but I would think the right shoes would be worth their weight in gold.

I'm going back to straight protein shakes for a few days. Every now and then, I really just get SICK of eating. I am certainly in one of those funks right now.

Talk to you soon!
Tiffany

December 18, 2007 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

No problem, Tiffany, I will just make a supplements post!

Thanks for the tip for the Walk and Jog DVD. I'm definitely going to pick that up. I did the 2-mile today and boy I am certainly feeling it in my thighs!

I am definitely going to get fitted for proper running shoes, the last thing I need is some kind of foot or leg injury!

December 18, 2007 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home