13 December 2007

One of those days...

Yesterday, I was friggin' starving. I don't know why, but God Almighty, there was not enough food in the world! There has got to be a reason for days like that, maybe not getting enough nutrition? I'm not sure, but I ate like 2800 calories yesterday, much of it fat.

Weight this morning is 283.4 lbs. So it's slowly moving down, even though I ate like crazy. Seems like I will have to lose those 15 lbs all over again, I don't see a big whoosh happening. Bummer. Oh well. Marathon, Tia, marathon.

So tomorrow is the big Christmas party with my dad's side of the family. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but I will try to make the most of it. It's not that they aren't cool people, I just don't know them that well and feel like an outsider. It's mostly my dad's sister and her kids & grandkids. My 1st cousins are all a good 20-25 years older than me so it's my 1st cousins once removed that are more my age, but again, I see them only once a year. I have some mixed feelings because, y'know, they are family and I'm big on family, but they tend to not include me in things. I know they do a bunch of stuff throughout the year but I never hear about it, my dad just insists I go to the Christmas part. I am going to make a real effort this year to be engaged as much as possible, I'm hoping to win them over with my camera, everyone loves good family pictures.

Yesterday I went out and bought a scale, it's not the Tanita that I wanted, but one that allegedly measures body fat, water percentage and weight. The weight functionality works fine -- it weighs me around 0.8 - 1.6 lbs lighter than my current scale, but the body fat and water percentage functionality no worky and I don't know why. The instructions suggest that I dampen my feet before getting on, but I tried that and still no worky. I'm going to try it post-shower and see if that works, if not, back to the store it goes and I will try something else. I think the problem is there is only a thin metal strip that sends and measures the electrical pulse, other brands have wide pads across the whole top surface of the scale. I think that's the problem. The weight I am not too concerned about, because we already know that can fluctuate greatly and losses and gains can be masked by water weight. I'm thinking I want one of these hand-held devices or this one. The first one is handheld and the second is more sturdy and as you can see has a handheld pull up thingy with a large surface area. If I can accurately track body fat percentage over time, I think that will do wonders for my sanity.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I so want BOTH of those things you linked to on Amazon!!!

Your right about it being a marathon. Sometimes we just have to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other.

Enjoy your weekend!

Tiffany

December 14, 2007 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home