05 July 2008

One step after the next...

I know I don't look it, but I'm prety ecstatic in this photo:

After all the back and forth, I decided to go ahead and run the Peachtree Road Race 10K yesterday and I'm so glad I did. The emotional ups and down from the previous couple of days were taking their toll and this was just thing that could allow me to push all that crap out of my head and focus on a very difficult physical challenge. In short, it was just one of those things I needed to do and I'm so very glad I did. I don't like to brag, but I totally kicked ass! That's a completely relative statement, but goshdarnit, I rocked! My previous 10K, I ran in 2 hours and 30 minutes and came in an unremarkable next to last. This time, I shaved about 45 minutes off my time and finished in about an hour and 45 minutes AND I was NOT last, not by any stretch of the imagination! How awesome is that?! I felt really good this race, I had my iPod and pretty much jammed the whole way through. The race itself was amazing, it's hard to describe the thrill of running (walking) with 55,000 other folks not to mention the thousands of folks who lined up and down the streets, cheering for you. It was invigorating and I will most likely do this particular race again, it was a complete 180° than the first one I did. Post-race I was a little whoozy and having to walk like another 1/2 mile between picking up t-shirts and getting to the Marta station was almost too much, but I made it home in one piece! Woo-hoo!

Y'know the big thing I had to do, well, I did it, it was not easy and frankly one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but it was something I most definitely needed to do. I certainly don't regret it and a residual effect of doing it has opened some other folks' eyes as well. I can't really go into it right now, maybe at some other time. It was a good thing and although it isn't completely resolved right now, it will be shortly.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! :D

July 5, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, this is a fabulous photo, Tia. You look fit, strong, powerful, and fabulous -- no exaggeration, no BS.

Wow. How great.

And kudos on making it through the other stuff, too, with good thoughts for the remainder of that particular journey.

July 5, 2008 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing. Simply amazing.

*applause*

Jules

July 5, 2008 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa Williams said...

I agree with the others. You look great and your accomplishment is great as well.

Congratlations!!!

July 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

WAY TO GO!!!! That is so awesome!!! I am so thrilled for you. Your successes are amazing. It is amazing what our bodies can do when we push them.

:)
Tiffany

July 6, 2008 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Tia,

I am so glad I came back to read your blog... I too have been incognito for a while.

This is an amazing photo of you... you look so... ummm... normal. No, you look fit and healthy... wow!

Just commenting on your other posts that follow this one - I am so in awe of you for following your own happiness. It's a brave thing to do and kudos for taking the chance. You deserve it.

Take care

Ann

July 13, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home