03 August 2008

Speed of Light

Time is freakin' flyin' by. Working at my new gig is keeping me busy, but I am enjoying myself immensely. It's just a nice, much needed change of pace, plus the boost in moolah doesn't hurt either. I'm planning to put much of the extra money away as I know some day I'll need plastics done and want to be at least prepared for that, plus I want to take a European trip next year at some point. I haven't been to Europe in my adulthood so it's something I am very much looking forward to.

I had a good conversation with Kim this afternoon, a much needed one I must admit. She's always there to challenge me to push myself, especially when it's obvious I've been settling into old, bad or lazy habits. The last few months have seen my zest for weight loss slowing declining. You can clearly see that in my blog posts. It wasn't intentional, but as I've become more and more comfortable in my skin, am able to do more, I've come to really be lax about it all. To be honest, I've felt like I could lose maybe 25-30 more lbs and be done, settling in at 216 and calling it all a success. I think that thinking was largely flawed because I didn't take the long term into account. If and when I decide to get plastics, I need to be under 200 lbs, I need to be in the best shape possible, and at 216 lbs, that's may not be the case.

My initial goal when I first got my surgery was 175 lbs, over time it's gone to 185, to 199.8 to 216 and now I've even entertained thoughts that I was just about done where I'm currently at. The truth is, I need to get down to the 180's at least. I need to do it. I need to buckle down, get my food and water back on the right track and I need to exercise more. I need to do this. I have to do this. I don't necessarily want to do the work required, but here's the thing, and Kim is right, I didn't pay $16,000 to end up still obese. I didn't go to Brazil, risk my life having this surgery to end up weighing 240 lbs. Not after all that. I need finish what I started and not settle for almost getting there. I am almost there, it's home stretch time, I only have 60-70 more lbs to lose and I will be there. If I put my head down and get serious and focused like I know I can, I can be done by the end of the year, I could celebrate New Year's weighing 180 lbs.

I can't stop now. I can't stop at 240 and two years from now have a 20 lbs bounce back and weigh in the 260's. Hell, if I let my protein slip for an extended period of time, it's easy for me to pop into the 260's, God only knows what would happen if I really let things slip. I'd be way too close to 300 lbs for my own good. That's enough to scare me straight.

Starting today, I'm going all out Atkin's, baby! No cheese, no wheat, nothing to drink but water. Food as fuel, food as fuel. I'm going to get my 160g of protein in a day, less than 30g of carbs and a gallon of ice cold water. I am going to exercise for one hour a day -- tennis, riding my stationary bike, walking or dare I say, running. There is a gym at work and another one five minutes from my house. One of those will have to do.

My overriding desire is to be done already, but instead of settling at where I am and really biding my time til regret shows up, I'm gonna buckle down and get the job done by the end of the year. The sooner I get to my ultimate goal, the sooner I can truly put the weight loss part of my life behind me. I've been listening too much to my family members who think I've lost enough weight.

Anyway, I will be tracking my food here at least through the month. My crazy, insane goal is to lose 25 lbs by September 2nd. I know, I know, but I need to set the bar high to really push myself. I haven't pushed myself in a long time, I need to have that feeling. I will let you know how it goes!

My reward, besides "normalcy" and great health, will be a new Macbook Pro and/or a new flat screen TV. Yea!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were certain misconceptions earlier that surgeries like knee surgery for arthritis do not yield the desired results in the obese individuals. However, recent studies have shown this to be a misconception. There is no truth in this notion. Talking about surgeries, there are certain surgeries that help to lose weight. Apart from the surgeries there are weight loss pills also that help in weight loss. To know more on the topic follow this link. http://www.phentermine-effects.com.

August 4, 2008 at 3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia- I'm not sure you would remember me - but I got to you through Kim's site (I'm at www.obesityhelp.com/member/danielle_ham) if you want to see who I am!

I must say I read a few days worth and I'm really so proud of you - it takes a ton of courage to walk away from a job and start life over, but it looks like you will do absolutely great! It's hard to change - but you know that...

I'm with you on the listening to others and thinking oh, it's ok where it is...I've been stuck at 177-172 for 3 months now and I've just let it go. I hit rebellion and I'm just barely 8 months out from VSG. Oh well, last week I got back on track and I just wanted to tell you I'm with you! Keep going and I will too!
Danielle

August 4, 2008 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Way to go! I am so happy that you like your new job, and are setting your sights on what you want your final goals to be. I can relate to the yo-yoing of what number to stop at. The DS is powerful, and I know you will work it to the max. :)

Tiffany

August 4, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home