02 October 2006

Monday Stuff

It's been an interesting couple of days. I am finding that I trending toward eating less actual food and consuming more protein drinks. Honestly, I think I was moving too fast. I have tried, I promise you, I have tried to get my protein in via food, but it ain't working. It's too hard. Now I am looking at drinking 2 protein drinks a day and I think I am fine with that, at least I will get the protein in.

Granted it's only been a couple of days, but I find that if my two bookend meals are protein drinks I feel much better and it seems like getting in my water is easier. I seem to do and feel better on softer foods. Today I had 6 Ritz crackers with Philadelphia Cream Cheese - Light and it was grand. Went down with no problems. The shrimp I had was a little rougher going down, but tolerable and actually quite good. I think I overcooked the shrimp though.

Anyway, my incision got a little infected and I had a slight fever over the weekend. I wasn't feeling terribly well and was content not doing much of anything besides sitting or laying around. It is healing and the hole is getting smaller and smaller, I guess I was being a worrier for no good reason. I had been changing my dressings twice a day and had been using tape to secure the pads, but after peeling off my skin for the umpteenth time, I had to put an end to it. It hurt and I don't want any permanent marks because of it. I am now just letting my binder secure the huge pads in place. I can't wait to be rid of it all.

I rode my exercise bike for a good 15 mins today and wasn't entirely exhausted. I probably could have ridden it longer had I had my bottle of water close at hand. I may try to do 20 mins tomorrow. I read a few cautionary tales from people who didn't take full advantage of their "windows". I don't want that to be me, but I will say it is difficult to exercise when you're exhausted, but I don't know if I'm exhausted because I ain't moving much. I started to feel like if I don't get moving then I'm setting myself up for failure. I don't feel the flat out exhaustion I felt when I first got home so I feel like if I want more energy then I gotta get the blood flowing. At one point this afternoon, I was freezing my butt off and it was 82 degrees outside. I just felt like I couldn't get warm like I used to and I think it might be my metabolism. It's ironic because I used wake up on fire and now I'm complaining about being cold. I know I have lost 50+ lbs, but it's not that much insulation considering where I started from.

Food Log (according to Fitday):
1 Isopure RTD - Grape Frost
6 Ritz Crackers w/ Light cream cheese
2 oz Deli Honey Turkey
8.5 Shrimp w/ .25 tb butter
2 small dill pickles
1 sugar free popsicle
1 Isopure RTD - Alpine Punch

694 calories, 18 grams of fat (is that enough??), 21g carbs, 112g protein (probably the most since I've been home)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home