01 January 2007

Where's my cane?

I feel like an old lady. My legs are killing me. Saturday, I decided to increase the distance of my walk because I wanted to start doing at least 45 minutes instead of the 37-39 minutes I usually do. Anyway, I added an extra loop around a section of the park. So I'm walking at a decent clip and this fast paced song comes on my iPod and I decide to walk to the rhythm of it and I'm trucking along, got my legs going, my arms are pumping, I'm feeling good. As the song ends I think, what the hell, I'm gonna repeat it and keep going. I do this maybe 6 or 7 times which adds up to around 25 mins of brisk walking way more than I usually do. I cool down for about 10 more minutes and I go home feeling great. My legs ache but it's the usual post workout ache so no big deal. Fast forward to yesterday morning. Lord. Have. Mercy. My legs hurt like crazy, but I go for my walk anyway. I'm out there about 40 minutes with about 15-20 minutes of brisk walking. My legs hurt all the rest of the day. I have to think twice every time I want to get up. This morning, my legs are like spaghetti, they feel a little better, less pain, but a little weaker, if that even makes sense. I couldn't do my usual walk, I went around once and that's all she wrote for me and no part of it was brisk. Ugh. I'm gonna take it a little easy today and maybe get a little more protein & water in. Hopefully that will help the healing process. I did see a lot of new faces at the park this morning, it'll be interesting to see who sticks around. Hell, the way I'm feeling right now, I might not.... just kidding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home