31 December 2006

Four Months

Today I did something I thought I'd never really do. I exercised in the rain. It's been a steady drizzle all morning and I had no intentions of getting out there when I first noticed the weather. After thinking about it though, I decided I needed to go. Why? I have never admitted this to anyone, but I have this secret desire to be an athlete. I used to love those Nike 'Just Do It' commercials. I wanted that to me. I wanted to be that woman jogging in the rain or that kid shooting hoops for hours on end. I wanted to have that kind of commitment to do what it takes to get it done, to accomplish that goal. I get a taste of that when I walk. I know what it's like to do something physical, push yourself and get better. I remember the first time I walked. I did a loop around the course, I had to stop twice and it took me 25 minutes. Today, I can do it in 15, no problem. I have a goal of running the Peachtree Road Race. I know it won't happen by July 2007, but I have my eyes set on 2008. Yesterday I walked 2.15 miles in 45 minutes and I felt great.

Going out today for me was like graduating to another level of commitment and acceptance of this new way of life. There just aren't too many excuses that are worth not just doing it. I hit my fourth month mark yesterday and I'm happy to reach this milestone, but disappointed that my weight is up to 419.4. I know why it's up, I really had a lazy last two weeks, from pretty much when I hit 416.6 to about a couple of days ago. I wasn't eating crap with abandon, but I wasn't making sure I was getting enough protein and water, I wasn't exercising, all that kind of stuff. My reward is virtually no weight loss and in fact some weight gain. Boy that pisses me off to no end. I tell you what, that's the last time I do that crap. I should be like 10-15 lbs lighter. Grrrrr. All I can hope is that it's water weight and it will fall off in the next week or so. I've learned my lesson for sure. It sucks cuz I will only be able to put down a 13-14 lb loss for month 4 when it should have been like 20-25. Well, at least the January numbers will be spectacular (I hope).

I just found out our family reunion next year will be in June instead of October. Yikes! That means I'll have to get on a plane a helluva lot sooner than I had kinda wanted. I had already decided not to go to my college reunion and instead stay in town when my best friend visits. I still, however, have the game in September to go to. Anyway, I'd love to lose another 100 lbs by my family reunion. I told my sister that I'd fly to Dallas a few days beforehand so that we can do some pre-reunion shopping. Thank God! The only other clothes shopping I plan to do is for my birthday in February.

I'm getting pretty darn close to saying buh-bye to the 400's. I'm pretty excited by that prospect, believe you me. Like I've mentioned before I'm getting past the weight range where I have spent a considerable amount of time so I'm headed into no man's land, so to speak. Seeing the scale drop down 400 will be huge for me as well as seeing it move past 370...the lowest I've been in God only knows how long and I was only at 370 for like a day. I would love to see that by my birthday, but I dunno. We'll see.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR'S y'all!!! Be safe and I'll be posting my goals for 2007 sometime later today!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home