31 May 2007

Rough, ROUGH Day

Yesterday started off well, but ended horribly, actually it's still ongoing. Around noon as I was eating lunch, my stomach started to ache, y'know, that queasy nauseous feeling. Over the next several hours it go worst. Every 15 to 60 seconds a wave of intense nausea would wash over my innards followed by an intense need to either burp or vomit, even though it felt like I couldn't. Long story short, after several major poops, a couple episodes of vomiting, I was off to the Urgent Care facility this morning and was diagnosed with a stomach virus and boy does it suck. They have me a prescription for Promethazine and Zantac 150 and honestly, after the 1st dose, I feel much, much better.

I have never felt anything like this before. I was convinced I had some kind of obstruction or something. Now I feel better and a little weak and am limited to clear liquids only. That really sucks cuz I haven't had any solid food since noon yesterday. I opted for Gatorade and chicken broth. Anyway, it's naptime for me. I stayed home from work and will return tomorrow. Oh, a couple of woo-hoos! in the midst of all this crap, one my blood pressure was 122/60 and again, I fit in the waiting room chairs, no problem and I weighed in at 333.8 lbs this morning! Yea!

Quick question and I hope someone can shed some light on this subject for me, the doctor said clear liquids today then starchy foods tomorrow. Now, I don't really like the idea of drinking Gatorade because of all the sugar so I guess that leaves me with water and maybe Crystal Light. Chicken broth will be good and I may pick up some Isopure protein drinks, those are clear and my Nectar Roadside Lemonade is kinda clear. The starchy foods thing is what worries me. I don't usually do starchy type foods and can't think of any low-carb alternatives besides Dreamfield's pasta. Any ideas?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

You poor thing...

Starchy - I would try for some rice (it's the least offensive for me in terms of stomach issus). Cook it in chicken broth for flavour.

Low carb toast should be ok too.

Hope you feel better.

BTW - congrats on your continued weight loss. Over 180lbs in 9 months... holy crap!

May 31, 2007 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home