14 May 2007

On track

Good day today. This is my last week at the old job, I am ready to move on. I had a doctor's appointment at the Hematologist's office and good news all around. My Hemoglobin went from 12.1 to 12.2 and my MCV went from low 70's to low 80's which (apparently) means my red blood cells are getting bigger which means I am absorbing iron better or soemthing along those lines...I'm not sure, but it just means it's an improvement and I'm happy that I don't need another infusion. They also ordered a complete metabolic panel so I should get the results Thursday or Friday. The best part of the whole thing was that I could finally weigh on the normal doctor's scale. Woo-hoo!!! It didn't even occur to me that I would be able to until the nurse asked me to step on. I weighed in at 348 or something fully clothed. So very cool.

I wore my size 22/24 shirt today with my new size 30 khaki pants. I must admit, I looked quite cute and kinda hip. I didn't think it was possible! I was hanging out in the kitchentte microwaving a bowl of my homemade (bean-free) chili when my boss' boss remarked that he can tell I lost a lot of weight and looked good. I blushed. It trips me out because I've only been there just under 3 months, I honestly didn't think I looked that much different in that short amount of time.

Lastly, I am ecstatic cuz m'girl Ann just crossed over into the land of 100-lb losers!!! Congrats!!!! Woo-hoo!!! I am so very happy and proud of her!

Me, on the other hand, I'm not sure what's going on. I weighed in at 346.4, exactly what I weighed a week ago today. I hate this crap, but I think I am past it. I weighed when I got home from work at 347.0 so we'll see what the morning brings. Anyway, I am pooped, but I gotta couple hours worth of work to do...sigh...I can't wait til this week is over!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Thank you so much Tia! And thanks. It's been people like you, Alison and Sharon, who through your experiences has made my journey an easier one that it may have otherwise been.

Your success and dedication continue to inspire me.

May 15, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home