28 April 2007

Where doth the time go....

Since I've started the job a couple of months ago, it seems like time just flies by. I can't believe it's almost May. I'm a couple days away from my 8 month surgiversary and weighed in at exactly 353 lbs with a 16.6 lb loss for the month and that's with a poor eating Easter week. If I'm lucky, I can maybe hit 18 lbs loss for the whole month. Woo-hoo!!! Y'know what's weird? It's hard to believe I ever weighed 516 lbs and it's hard to believe I weigh 353 now...

Yesterday, one of my co-workers remarked on my weight loss, mind you I've only been there two months. Alarms immediately went off. I checked my spreadsheet and I've lost around 35 lbs since I started that job. No one there knows I had the surgery and I want to keep it that way, luckily I don't eat weird, like maybe RNYs do, so I've been able to keep any questions at bay.

So we all know about my issues with clothes shopping, so this morning I dug up a pile of clothes I had acquired at one of my support group meetings from a few months ago, I really don't remember when, maybe November or something. Anyway, there were a few size 24 skirts, a couple of 24 pants, a 26 dress and some sweaters. I tried on both pairs of 24 pants and they were too small, couldn't zip them up AT ALL, but I did get them on, I tried both skirts and pretty much the same thing although I did get closer to zipping those up. I could get them past my hips, but would need to suck in as much as I could and maybe could zip them up, but they would both be skin tight, look bad and be uncomfortable. The dress, much to my delight, actually fit perfectly. I can not believe it! A size 26...geez. As a comparison, last summer, pre-surgery, I had a size 34 gray skirt that was too small and hadn't worn since 2004. I also have a size 34 skirt that I had to keep unzipping in order to breathe and just wore a long shirt over it to hide the fact that I couldn't keep it zipped. Lane Bryant is the de facto plus size shop, but I haven't been able to buy anything consistently from them in years. I could usually buy a dressy blouse here or there, but I can't even remember the last time I bought a pair of pants or a skirt or anything like that. The last time I think I remember buying anything from there was probably before I left for college, maybe 15 years ago. I have 6 more weeks before I leave for my reunion, I'll be utterly thrilled to fit in those size 24s.

Some things that I've noticed as of late:
1. I've developed weird pains in the last couple of months. I went through a phase where my back would be killing me, now when I go to bed, I can't lay on my sides for too long because the opposite side (the side I'm not laying on) starts to hurt around my hips. Sucks.
2. I've become accustomed to eating my food lukewarm/room temperature. I was one of those types that loved my food hot and hated when my food wasn't piping hot. Now, it doesn't bother me that much when it takes me a while to eat my food and a good portion of it is room temperature by the time I finish.
3. Weirdest thing ever: Often the area between my shoulders gets numb and tingly. This happens when only when I am at work and I've been sitting at my desk working for an extended period of time. I think it's a combination of the sitting in that one position, the bras I wear and maybe shifting body weight or something. The only relief I get is when I put my arms up behind my head and grab my elbows and stretch for a minute or two. It never happens when I am home or walking around or driving or anything, just at work.

Well, it promises to be a nice day in Atlanta today so I am going to change clothes real quick and go for a walk, maybe I'll take my camera with me.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

It sounds like you are having a positive experience in your journey into weight loss. One of the reasons that I started my blog is so that plus size women could find choices when it came to shopping. If you have a chance check it out.

Continued success in everything your trying to do.

http://fullfigureplus.com

April 29, 2007 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Tia,

I am in total awe of your progress but more importantly your approach to the process. You're doing your homework, your mindful... it must be awesome seeing how much you can positively influence the final outcome.

Monday is my 5 month anniversary...it's been slow but I've been lousy at doing the right thing. Tomorrow I'm going to do a "Tia" and shoot for one clean month to see what difference it makes.

Thanks for continuing to be such an inspiration... you are one amazing woman!

Ann

April 29, 2007 at 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl-

I have had the two things you are talking about- the pain and the numbness. I do think it is surgery related. How are your B vits? Have them checked at your 9 months. As we lose, our posture habits have to change to accomodate the change in body. Also, you may have lots of things hanging lower on the front that pulls and causes issues. These things change and fade as you lose more.

Hey, when are you coming by for clothes?

K

April 29, 2007 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home