19 May 2007

Buh-Bye 340's

Big surprise on the scale this morning...339.0 lbs. Holy shit. Buh-bye 340's, just that quick. Yesterday, I weighed in at 343.2, so that's a 4.2 lb drop overnight...well, overnight and post several trips to the bathroom. Not to go into too much detail, but I definitely have a constipation problem. I was doing so well for awhile, but then it came back with a vengeance. I am eating pretty well, getting in plenty of protein, fat and keeping my carbs pretty low (20-50g per day). I've gotten into a rhythm however that might be shot to hell come Monday when I start my new job. Anyway, I've been getting in between 80-100 ounces of water a day and taking my vitamins. The only thing I think it might be is that I stopped taking Magnesium because I ran out and didn't bother to pick up another bottle. Funny how that works. It's just amazing how at times it seems like my body can be a well tuned machine and others, I have no idea what's going on.

I bought my plane ticket this morning to go home for my family reunion. I am so anxious about the whole thing. Just thinking about getting on a plane makes my stomach churn. I'll be totally honest, I am scared about fitting into a freaking airplane seat. It is the quintessentially most painful (figuratively and literally) nightmare for obese people. I dread it. Sigh. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the anticipation will be the worst part of it.

My mom is practically foaming at the mouth for me to come home. She is really, really anxious to take me clothes shopping. I think the experience will be cathartic as I hated shopping with my mother when I was younger, but my sister is going with us, actually she is my primary shopping companion, Mom is tagging along for part of the day, so I think I'll be fine. I just really want to see my family. Losing Monica & Kenny and my cousin Brenda just really screwed us up and going to Brazil and having this surgery, I just want to soak up all the love.

I am changing sizes at an alarming rate. This morning, for kicks, I tried on a pair of size 24 pants and I think I will be able to wear them in a couple of weeks. It's weird though because another pair of 24's I couldn't get past my hips. The size 30 pants I bought, what, like two weeks ago have saggy butt syndrome and yet again, I have to poke holes in my belt. This is all such a trip... My one year anniversary is fast approaching as is the 200-lb loss mark. I really didn't much of anything when I hit 100 lbs lost, I'm not sure that I'll do anything when this next milestone comes around.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

We want photos girl!

You are just shrinking away woman... keep up the fantastic work!

May 19, 2007 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what? You're a Poster Child, I swear. You're doing wonderfully well at being compliant, doing what you need to do. 200 pounds in a year is unbelievable, no matter what your starting weight, and I wish I knew you In Real Life so that I had the right to tell you how proud I am of you!

Sending good airplane seat vibes. I *so* get that worry. Ugh. But you know what? Focus on what matters, which is -200 and being with your family.

As for size consistency in clothing? Don't make me laugh. ;)

May 21, 2007 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

WOW! I just came across your blog and your story is so amazing!

Congratulations on all you have accomplished, you must be so proud of yourself.

And I wish you the best in the continuation of your journey.

May 22, 2007 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home