13 June 2007

Fer crying out loud!

TMI Warning: Since early afternoon Sunday, I've been plagued with wicked stomach problems. It makes me wonder if the issue I was dealing with before I left on my trip was never actually resolved and is still ongoing. From around 3pm Sunday to around 4am Monday, I had horrendous diarrhea and I hardly ever have it. I must have pooped 15-20 times during that time period. I have had a couple more instances, most notably Monday night where is was like explosive diarrhea. When I actually got home to Texas, I noticed my lower legs and ankles were swollen and they have remained that way ever since, the only relief I get is overnight when my legs are elevated, but within an hour, they are back to swelling again. They are tight and mildly uncomfortable. My innards/intestines are equally bothersome, they do not hurt, but I have this gross stuffed feeling. I hear and feel the slow rumbling inside. It feels like I am seriously bloated and/or constipated. I !@#$ing hate it. I weighed in this morning at 339.6...you can imagine how NOT happy I am about that! That's a good 10-15 lbs over where I should be Ugh, so very frustrating. I have to come up with some kind of regimen to combat the constipation because it is not fun...The scary thing is I almost feel like something is stuck at the top of my stomach, like 1/2 way between my bust line and my belly button. It doesn't hurt, but just feels like a brick is sitting there and I've felt it for awhile. I am going to do a plumbing clearing routine this weekend which entails suffering through a strong laxative which eats up an entire day, but I usually feel cleared up and weigh 4-7 lbs lighter. Gross, I know, I know, but what's a girl to do? I have to, HAVE TO, find a better way to manage my constipation issues better. This is getting ridiculous.

On a more positive side, I am sitting here lounging in a 2X t-shirt. It's a shirt I got from a company I worked for like 7 years ago and I couldn't fit so I gave it to my mom, apparently she kept it all this time and gave it back to me when I got home. Fits perfectly! I almost can't believe I am wearing it. I know that I am getting smaller, I just wish the scale would show it. Oh well, keep plugging ahead (and try not to panic)....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Don't get hung up on the scale Tia... your body knows what to do and time and time again has shown you that it will do it... when it's ready! Don't set targets that will lead you to disappointed... the schedule may not be exactly what you had envisaged but it will happen. You are way too dedicated for it not to.

On the blockage - if the clearing routine doesn't work you may want to get in touch with your Dr... if for no other reason that peace of mind it's not a blockage.

Enjoy the smaller sizes... it's such a rush isn't it :)

June 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

I hear ya, Ann, but since the beginning of the month, I've gained like 8 lbs! I got down to 332 and this morning weighed in at 342! It's aggravating beyond belief. I mean, that's a pretty significant hike, one I have never experience before. It's one thing for me to be stalled, but to see the scale creep up every day is freakin' scary.

I am absolutely going to follow your advice and contact Dr. Marchesini and/or my PCP if things don't go much better this weekend. I am drinking water like a mad woman and have started taking fiber pills and still things aren't as they should be.

Grrrrrrrr.

June 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home