05 August 2007

Good to Go.

I officially registered for the The U.S. 10K Classic. I'm doing it. I don't care if I'm the last person and I have to crawl on my hands and knees dragging my near dead carcass the last few yards, I'm crossing the dang finish line, I will then get up and dance the jig. I promise you, mark my words, I will do a little dance when I finish. It's four weeks away and my goal is only to finish. Yesterday, although I did jog, it took me 43 minutes which was 5 minutes slower than when I just walked the two miles. For one, I was much more tired during mile 2 and was walking slower than normal. I was pooped, but I did finish the 2 miles with a jog to the finish. I plan on getting out there 5 times a week, we'll see how that goes.

The aches and pains are starting to reveal themselves. The outside of my right ankle kinda hurt this morning, but it's fine now, back and quad muscles ache. My knees feel good, I thought for awhile that they might not, but so far no problems. I know I will need to stretch before the next time I jog. I went and bought myself a couple of sports bras today. I've never bought one before and honestly, I thought there wasn't going to be much of a variety, but good grief, there had to be 40 or 50 kinds! In fact, there were hundreds of different bras. I'm not used to this. I used to buy my bras at Catherines and there were like, what, 20 varieties?!? A little overwhelming. Variety is overwhelming. Anyway, totally bought the wrong size so I have to take them back. Sigh. There's reasons why I don't like to shop.

I visited with Ann (and Sarah) Friday at the hospital and I hear she is at the hotel. I will swing by sometime in the next day or so before she and her sister head back home. Ann is great an I am so happy for her. She's understandably has moments of "what the heck did I just do to myself" and boy I had plenty of those. The first several weeks are long as you start adjusting to your new innards and it can be rough, but I know both Ann and Sarah will do just fine.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Tia,

Congratulations on getting ready for the big race! :)

Can you post your meaty chili receipe?

Thanks,
Tiffany

August 5, 2007 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

I am so proud of you Tia. What an amazing thing to be doing.

Good luck!

BTW - you carry your weight so well. When I look at your latest photo I do not see 300lbs + in weight. You look a heck of a lot better than I did at that weight. The difference between the 2 photos is staggering... you've come a long way!

August 7, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home