09 April 2008

Texas, here I come!

The concert last night was AWESOME! I had so much fun and how nice was it to go out with my friends and just have a great night. I danced for probably three hours straight! Mary J. Blige was fantastic, everything I thought and more. She sang her heart out and I was delighted to see that I wasn't the only Mary-fanatic there. I never realized I knew the words to practically all her songs! My favorites of the night were Just Fine, I'm Going Down, No More Drama and Stay Down. Just wonderful! If I ever have the chance to see her again, I certainly will. I was a little concerned about how she'd come off in a big arena (15-20K folks), but she was spectacular.

On a less happy note, my freakin' innards are killing me! It feels like I am digesting rocks. Ugh. I think this is a side effect or prolonged constipation, bad enough to have too much excess stomach acid wreaking havoc or some other such craziness going on. Monday, except for a mild breakfast, all I had was chicken broth and protein drinks. Yesterday, same thing except we went to Waffle House and I ate 1/3 of a cheese & ham omelet. This morning more protein drinks and broth and I finally had a hot dog mid afternoon. Tonight I actually feel so much better. I only felt this bad once before and this was right around the time I went to Urgent Care and then eventually the gastroenterologist and he diagnosed the ulcer. It felt like my intestines were inflamed. Sucks. I'm going to continue to take it easy for the next few days til I am back to speed. I hate this crap. My weight has surprisingly been up around 254-255. I won't be weighing for over a week so we'll see how things are when I get home.

I am on my way to Texas tomorrow and I still have plenty to do before my flight. I am ready to go and have a little break. With the concert and trying to cram work in before I leave, I haven't been getting enough sleep so I am exhausted. My goal is to sleep as much as I can on the flight and probably a little once I get there. Besides that, I plan to just hang out with the fam and chill out a little bit. I will try to blog while I am there, but I won't make any guarantees.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home