02 January 2007

Girdles???

My mom and sister have been trying to convince me to buy some kind of body support, like a girdle or something. When mom first recommended I flat out refused for a variety of reasons all born out of the contempt I still harbor after she made me wear one in friggin grade school. I hated that more than I can ever articulate. Not a fun time in my life. Moving on, after talking with my sister, S, the other day, she recommended something similar mentioning that one loses weight on the inside and outside and that extra support can help along the way. Now, that is one thing I hadn't really heard about in any of the DS message boards nor have I really heard anyone mention anything like that. I know that I am a lot more jiggly, if you will, since losing over a hundred lbs. I can definitely tell when I'm exercising so I started wearing my binder again. Can you believe that? I was counting down the days when I could get rid of that thing and here I am wearing when I don't have to. Any thoughts about body support? I dunno something to think about.

Well, I had a monster day yesterday, over 1600 calories and 180 grams of protein. I slow-cooked a pot roast Sunday and it was like I never had anything so delicious in my life. Yum. I was starving all day long and I woke up down 2.2 lbs to 415.2 lbs. I suspect that when we have days where we could eat our arm that it's our body telling us to feed it more than what we have been feeding it. There is still some water retention but I think one more day will resolve that so we'll see.

I was able to complete my entire path on my walk this morning. I woke to feeling slightly sore, but I felt good the entire time. I completed it in around 39 mins. I swear, I keep increasing my distance and still end up around 39 minutes. I am going to keep walking the same distance all week and see where I end up Sunday.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word. Spanx. Trust me on this one...even past my goal weight I need to tuck some of this scary skin into something...and they are comfortable, even.

good luck :)

January 2, 2007 at 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Before I had my excess skin removed I always wore lycra bike pants, below knee or ankle length depending on the weather - great for walking - no chafing. Also a plus is they are easy to adjust as you get smaller I used to take in the side seams or make side seams if they didn't have any. 4 pairs (2 short, 2 long) saw me through the whole weight loss phase. Good luck and best wishes

Lesley

January 2, 2007 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Tia L. said...

Sharon & Lesley,
Thanks for the great advice. I'm going to start looking into it this week!

January 3, 2007 at 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T-

The Spanx may be in the right sizes yet although they are great.

The bike short idea is a great one. I used that often myself. They are also cheap and can be found at regular stores.

Lets face it. You will more than likely end up with a hernia at some point. Better later than sooner. The binder is not a terrible option. also look at www.lipoinabox.com

Keep walking (I actually miss my exercise)

January 3, 2007 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister swears by lipo-in-a-box (she uses hers running and has for quite a while). I got one that I'm wearing post-op-tummy tuck.

Congrats on your continued success!

January 3, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home