19 January 2007

Starting and stopping.

So I went to my DS Support Group Thursday night. Good times. If nothing else, it is such a boost to my morale. It would be incredibly difficult to feel alone with all these great people around. We had a guest, Dr. Alexander, I believe, a plastic surgeon who has experience with WLS patients. Very informative. I tell ya one thing, I'm definitely rethinking my ultimate goal weight. Dr. Marchesini wanted me to get down to 250 lb before considering plastic surgery. I'm not so sure about that. First off, after seeing those pictures in her presentation and after hearing a few tales of the aftermath from Kim last night, I'm not too keen on surgery any time in the next, 10-15 years. Second, the doc said that the closer you are to an ideal body weight the better. I reckon I would still have a good bit of fat at 250. Me thinks I am going to keep 185 in mind and we'll see.

I went walking this morning and noticed that my right hip kinda hurts, not really the joint, but like the muscle/tendon/ligament that runs right over it, if that makes sense. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of walking before it abates. I really, really hope it won't hinder my progress cuz I'll be pissed.

I haven't been eating as much protein as I should, around 140 grams a day or so and accordingly my weight has been pretty steady, around 399 or so. I'm gonna make sure to get more protein in, it's just that it's not easy to reconcile the fact that I feel like I have to eat like crazy to lose weight. If that is not a head trip, I don't know what is.

In the past week I've probably started 8 different posts, but never got around to finishing them. I've been unusually swamped with a lot of things (mostly work related) and there is a date this month I'm dreading (more on that later). Anyway, I'm going to be spending the day doing some pre-spring cleaning. Sounds like fun, right?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I so envy you being able to eat that much! I don't know if my stomach is too small or if I have some kind of blockage, but I'm lucky to get 90-100g in without hurling. I'm only at 3 mos. post.

January 22, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home