27 February 2007

126/82

That, my friends, was my blood pressure yesterday morning! How delightful is that? I had my 6 month checkup yesterday. Needless to say, I was all smiles. I wanted to hug the nurse when she told me that! In fact, when she left, I had to do a little dance all by myself in the exam room. I couldn't help it! My blood pressure is something I've been really looking forward to getting better. The only downer was that I didn't actually get to see my PCP, just the nurse practitioner. Dr. B has been my PCP for like 4-5 years and I just wanted to see her reaction. Nonetheless the practitioner was cool too, I've seen her a few times and I dig her as well. Everyone was really happy for me. My iron is up (12.1) my blood pressure damn near normal and my weight loss is steady. I'm happy.

The other cool thing is that I fit in the lobby chairs. They are those U-shaped chairs that have no give. I used to sit on the edge of the chair because my hips would not fit, but now I can slide all the way back.

Boy, I am certainly on a DS high. I am trying to not get too complacent. The last week or so I haven't been as vigilant as I should be. Time to refocus! Thank God lent is here so I can an extra reason to give up a thing or two.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on the BP! That's the only med I'm still on (er, other than antidepressants, but I'm a lifer on that front); at least it's been halved. Iknow the relief that comes with lower BP.

Glad the iron's up, too. That gives me (fellow anemic person) hope. :)

February 28, 2007 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Aussieabroad said...

I can finally leave comments again! Tia - I just popped in to say WOW. You are doing so amazingly well - I have been with you the entire way but just very silently.

Congrats on the blood pressure and iron levels too. Mine came in at 7 for my three month labs... too low. So we're adding vitamin C for starters and will monitor again in 3 months. Looks like I'm in good company.

Congrats on the new job too... how freakin' exciting is your life right now :)

March 1, 2007 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home