12 February 2007

Working Life

Weigh-in today: 394.8. Not bad, that's about 8+ lbs in a week, but I have I think around 10-15 more lbs to go til I get to where I should be. I still have quite a bit of swelling in my extremities. I suspect I still have some protein deficiency issues. I am averaging around 140-150 grams of protein right now and maybe 1600-1800 calories. The acidophilus kicks ass. No more running to the potty 8 times a day, especially in the morning. One thing I have noticed lately, since making the two changes (protein drinks & acidophilus) is that I feel much less sluggish.

Well, I think I mentioned this before, but I have two big doctor's appointments the next two weeks, the 19th and the 26th. The one on the 19th is with the hematologist as a checkup of sorts after existing a few months post iron infusion. I'm really curious to see what my iron levels will be like. The one on the 26th is for my 6 month labs and a general checkup with my PCP. I am requesting a full lab workup and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get off the BP meds, I won't be disappointed if I don't, but I hope they can be reduced. I will definitely be talking to her about the edema and if my protein ends up coming in low, then I'll know with certainty what the problem is and I can work to fix it. I generally suck at recognizing slow declines in my energy and health. 20+ years of being anemic does that to a person.

Anyway, I've been avoiding carbs like the plague. I'm really worried about bathroom issues when I start working next week. The immediate environment is pretty tight and I don't want to be the stinky new girl. Yikes! The acidophilus seems to help, surprisingly. The other consideration is nutrition. Right now, I'm thinking that I can still do 6 meals a day:

Meal 1: Standard breakfast fare
Meal 2: Protein shake
Meal 3: Standard lunch fare
Meal 4: Protein shake
Meal 5: Standard dinner fare
Meal 6: Light, yet protein rich snack

I should be able to handle it all, preparation is key! Supplements should be pretty easy and water as well, I'll just sip, sip, sip all day. Unfortunately, the walking is going out the door. Unless I join a gym and start walking on a freaking treadmill, it ain't gonna happen. My best bet is walking at lunch, but it just won't be the same.

Bummer...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home