04 February 2007

10 Commandments

Even though I don't eat grits anymore, I thought this was funny:

The Ten Commandments of Grits.
1. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
2. Thou shalt not eat Yankee Grits made by Quakers.
3. Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits for this is blasphemy.
4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Grits.
5. Thou shalt only use Salt, Butter and Cheese as toppings for thy Grits.
6. Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits.
7. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
8. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
9. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits.
10. Thou shalt not put sugar on thy Grits neither.

Anyway, it looks I might be offered at least two positions. One is a fulltime one, the other is contract. The fulltime position is one at a cool little company 15 mins from my house. The work sounds exciting and the people seem cool. The pay isn't great, but it's not bad. The contract position is for a local bohemoth working on a well known project. The pay is kick ass and the actual work might not be the greatest, but it would look great on a resume. The commute sucks. It is all the way downtown meaning I could easily spend 2 hours a day commuting -- on a good day. The only other problem is that I'm not looking for a fulltime position. I would feel kinda guilty taking the fulltime gig knowing I'd be out of there in 6-12 months. I like the work involved with the fulltime job more, no doubt, but the money I could make with the contract job -- even after I put away money for taxes -- is hard to turn down. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I had a little breakdown in my eating Friday & Saturday. I got really frustrated with my non-weight loss so I ate all kinds of crap thinking that maybe this will help somehow. I didn't. So I've been trolling the boards all day trying to find some anecdotal information about what I should do calorie wise. I also emailed Dr. M. to see what he had to say. This week I am going to try to be really consistent and get over 2200 calories per day. Most of what I have read in the archives of the Yahoo DS group is that I should be getting at least this amount. I've been having some trouble wrapping my head around how exactly I am going to do this, but I think I've figured it out. I tried it for a couple of days last week by increasing my fat, but that just gave me all kinds of problems. I think I have a better idea of how to do it now. Geez. I just want to get this figured out because it's turning out to be a huge ordeal and I need to focus on other things in my life.

Sigh.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always found peppermint tea helpful if I hit a plateau, I used to cut out all other drinks except water for a couple of days. That usually did the trick - Good Luck.

February 4, 2007 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home