11 March 2007

Rambling Thoughts

Yet another thing I don't quite understand but will continue to do is take acidophilus. I have no idea why, but if I don't take it at least twice a day, I'm guaranteed to have bathroom issues. AND if I take it early in the morning instead of right before I eat breakfast, then I don't have to poop at work at all. I'm still paranoid about that.

If there is one and only one thing I remotely miss about being heavier is the padding on my ass. My butt always hurts, especially in my chair in my home office. Sucks. I've tried 5 or 6 different things (cushions, pillow, etc.) and need to nail down a solution soon. It's totally distracting and kills a lot of the enthusiasm I have for working.

My hair continues to fall out. Believe you me, I am not happy about that. I'm hopeful that it will stop soon. I talked to my sister, S, at length about it. I think the addition of Zinc to my vitamin regimen helps a lot, I have also greatly simplified my daily grooming routine. I try to limit the damage with a curling iron, I use a light oil a few days a week and I wrap my hair every night. I used to relax my hair every 4-6 weeks, but I haven't relaxed my hair since like a few days before Christmas and I probably won't til maybe June. I may be dropping the curling iron all together and opt for a ceramic flat iron. I dunno, whatever works. The thinning is most noticeable at just above my temples, at the sides and in the front. I'm trying to be pragmatic about it and not freak out too much. I knew it was going to happen, but when you go through it, it's like panic in slow motion or something.

Anyway, last week I sucked big time in the water department. I got the food and supplement regime nailed, now I just need to get the water thing down. Unfortunately I have acquired a taste for coffee in the mornings. I have a couple of cups at work with some creamer and splenda. Yum. I also discovered Diet Pepsi Jazz - Caramel Cream (which is near blasphemy in Atlanta as this is Coke country). Good Lord, I love this stuff! I'm definitely a caramel girl and this is right up my alley. Unfortunately, I don't think the caffeine with the coffee and Diet Pepsi are doing me any good and I'm not drinking as much water as I should. Once I cut those down and starting drinking more water, surprise surprise, my weight jumped up a few pounds, but it's back down now. Today I weighed in at 379.2 lbs, fully hydrated! Buh-bye 380's! Woo-hoo!

I've been following the nutritionist's advice and have been averaging around 90-110 or so grams of protein a day. I've been aiming for 1500+ calories a day, but I'm falling short. Here a typical day:

B: Homemade breakfast sandwich, 1 egg, 2 slices of cheese, 1 slice cooked salami, 1 slice toasted & buttered Double Fiber Whole Wheat bread
S: Atkins bar or 2 oz of cheese cubes.
L: 1 oz turkey, 1 oz salami, 1 slice cheese, pickle slices on 1 slice D/F WW bread
S: 2 oz cheese cubes
D: Two chicken drumsticks eaten over an hour. If I am lazy then I'll repeat what I had for breakfast.

I don't eat more than one bar in a day otherwise I get gas. That's not too bad, I don't think. I'm seriously lacking in the veggy department, but that'll come in due time. I think once I have the water thing down, I'll work on cutting out some of the more processed foods & cheeses and try to go more natural.

About the progress photos. They always trip me out. My mind is still so far behind my body. I sent those pictures to my sister and my parents and they freaked out. Geez. They were all great reactions, but it's just weird because in my own body, I don't see what the big deal is, but when I see pictures of myself along this journey something in my brain is askew. I think it's because my brain is seeing myself (in my day to day life) in the same shape, my proportions are the same, just the dimensions, if you will, are different. For example, when I look at myself naked, to me, I look the same, because my brain is recognizing my shape as the same, but it does not register that I am much smaller. I measured my waist the other day and it's down 12 inches since I last measured in October! I'm shrinking, but I haven't yet gotten to the place where my shape has changed. When my shape truly changes, I think that is when really start to see it.

Yeah well, this Daylight Savings stuff has got me all messed up. I feel like I need a nap or something. The only good thing is that I will be able to start walking again. It won't be until after work, but it's better than nothing!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Aussieabroad said...

Hey Tia,

Just wanted to thank you for blogging about acidophilus. I've been having huge problems - the Flagyl helps with the gas but OMG it makes me run. After reading your blog I've added Acidophilus in and it has helped a lot. I'm starting to feel semi normal again!

So thanks... I really learn so much from you guys that went before me.

March 16, 2007 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tia, I'm glad you're keeping your blog, because you're so quiet on the boards and I've been wondering how your journey is going. Love the pictures, too. You're doing great and are such an inspiration and sweet person.

xoxoxox
Dawn (starry1st)

March 18, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home