12 August 2007

Curious...

So it turns out my appointment is this afternoon! I got a call from the Dr.'s office on my home voicemail which I never check and they said that the nurse practitioner that I was to meet with has left that office and I needed to reschedule with someone else. I called in this morning and said I could still come in today and that I would be meeting with a "Dr. Smith"...Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? There's no way that this is "the" Dr. Smith, Dr. Dennis Smith, one of the absolute best DS surgeons in the world! It's got to be some other Dr. Smith. I was too foggy headed to ask if it was The Dr. Dennis Smith, but I seriously doubt a man of that caliber would be doing pickup duties ... right??? Anyway, I guess I will find out soon enough. If it is, he's gonna get a ton of questions from me, but again, I doubt it. Whatever Dr. Smith shows up, I am going to go over my endoscopy results and get my labs drawn. I'll let you know how it goes, but I will be shocked if it is The Dr. Smith.

Anyway, God, I love this time of year, football season. I love football, especially college football. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will be making it down to my alma mater for a game this year. Unless a few things unexpectedly fall into place, it doesn't look like it. Total bummer, but next year for sure. Starting late August through the end of the year, my Saturdays will be full. Typically I watch all games from the comfort of my house, but this year, I've made a commitment to watch games from my alma mater with my fellow intown alumni usually at some pub somewhere. I've been to one or two, but this year, I am going to them all -- must socialize.

My weight is still pretty level (310.8 lbs)which is aggravating, but I have been eating like crap -- old bad habits/sabotage. Luckily I realized what I was doing and put an end to it yesterday afternoon. It seems like whenever I get close to a milestone, in this case, my one year anniversary and getting close to twoterville, my brain stops functioning and I do dumb things. Yes, things I need to work on.

I have a couple of giant piles of clothes to sift through and then I am going to go through the process of getting rid of almost all of it. I am going to try to find the best place to give them away to, I know there are a lot of plus sized folks who could use them. I'm having a hard time getting rid of the stuff, a lot of those items have been with me for years and I guess it's just part of the process of me accepting the fact that I'll never wear those clothes again. I won't ever need to. Sometimes that is really hard to believe.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia,

Make sure you keep the biggest/ugliest thing, otherwise get rid of the rest. It feels so liberating, and I use it as a tool to make sure I never go back. Have fun

August 13, 2007 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home